Mid campaign advice for a new imperial

By LordDraigo1, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey guys!

So I'm in the middle of jabbas realm campaign with Vinto, Shyla, Jarrod & Ko-tun. (About to start the interlude mission.)

I'm having issues keeping up with the rebels. I've won the 2nd & 3rd campaign missions but lost Shylas and Jarrod's side mission. (Jarrod's side mission at threat level 2 and having to deal with vinto was a real pain.)

I'm playing reactive defences deck, currently sitting on mechanised protocol & electromagnetic disrupters, saving for the 4xp upgrade that adds damage.

So the thing I'm concerned with is my plan to wait out the rebels with defense tokens and royal guard/riot troopers isn't working. I'm thinking of switching strategy's and going for a more aggressive approach. I've unlocked Blaise, but I'm not certain how good Blaise is.

Any tips for mid campaign play? Now that rebels are dealing more damage and I can't tank it as good, should I drop royal guard (dice are too swingy)? Is Blaise worth an early deploy ment?

Edited by LordDraigo1

On the interlude, focus on wounding the Rebels, assuming they side with the rebellion and not Jabba. The other victory condition can be really hard, at least in my case.

Edited to contain full question