eviscerator and blademaster

By cpt.catarro, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Does blademaster work with an eviscerator or it's considered a great weapon with the chain quality?

i think it's too easy to have a free reroll for 95+ dice rolls but i want to hear your opinion.

If I had to make a call, I would say that the Eviscerator would be considered a great weapon. This, however, does not preclude its use with blademaster.

The Boy Named Crow said:

If I had to make a call, I would say that the Eviscerator would be considered a great weapon. This, however, does not preclude its use with blademaster.

Not so hard. The talent says "sword or knife" and includes both chain and power versions in its description. It makes no stipulations to the size of a weapon. The Eviscerator is a type of chainsword. Blademaster would work just fine with a great weapon, provided it was a sword.

-=Brother Praetus=-

well,the guardsman with the eviscerator will be very happy of this :D

Look at it this way: If every attack with the eviscerator had a 5% chance of maiming the user, would one really use the weapon?

...Yes?

This is the Imperium, after all.

and 5% it's not so much... blademaster and the first is gone,fate point and you're safe again and there's still the agility test if you run out of fate points.

While we're on the subject though, are eviscerators considered Tearing? I only have a copy of the IH on me and they don't appear to, but then again being chain weapons I assumed they naturally possess it in the same way bolt weapons have Tearing.

The Hobo Hunter said:

While we're on the subject though, are eviscerators considered Tearing? I only have a copy of the IH on me and they don't appear to, but then again being chain weapons I assumed they naturally possess it in the same way bolt weapons have Tearing.

It is in the Errata - they changed it to 1d10 +10 damage and has the Tearing quality.

While we're on the subject. What do people think about the use of re-rolls from blademaster and fate points. Can someone with the talent try a total of three times? From a RAW standpoint, I don't see anything that would suggest otherwise, but I'm considering house-ruling it from a balance perspective.

I know that the tabletop Warhammer 40k has a "you cannot reroll a reroll" rule, but I don't think I've ever seen one explicitly in DH...

If you're GM, just mention that as a universal house rule next time you game. I doubt any rational player would really mind.

The Boy Named Crow said:

While we're on the subject. What do people think about the use of re-rolls from blademaster and fate points. Can someone with the talent try a total of three times? From a RAW standpoint, I don't see anything that would suggest otherwise, but I'm considering house-ruling it from a balance perspective.

I'd allow it. But I would apply a specific order to it all... Blademaster first, then fate point. Remember the more fate points the player spends, the less he has for later use that session anyway.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Brother Praetus said:

The Boy Named Crow said:

I'd allow it. But I would apply a specific order to it all... Blademaster first, then fate point. Remember the more fate points the player spends, the less he has for later use that session anyway.

-=Brother Praetus=-

RAW there is no prohibition on "re-rolling a re-roll", so I´d allow it too. The Fate points exist for a reason.