Uthuk double core +command list

By Panzerninja, in Runewars List Building

Given that the Uthuk hasn't quite been fleshed out, it's no surprise there hasn't been much discussion about list building. That being said I have a had a lot of success vs all factions with the following list. I was hoping to see what others have cooked up with as well. It focuses trying to maximize panic and moral tests, with highlights of causing 2 severity 5 moral tests. Ravos has been hilarious, killing of rune golems with out even engaging them. Spinded threshers have been heroes, tanking cavalry charges and then laughing them off.

Anyway can't wait for more stuff to try out :)

199/200

Ravos the Everhungry [40] 1x1
Viscera Goblet [7]
Fear Incarnate [5]
Total Unit Cost: 52

Berserkers [27] 2x2
Cacophony Reaver [6]
Tempered Steel [3]
Bannerscamp [4]
Total Unit Cost: 40

Berserkers [27] 2x2
Psychosis Siren [7]
Tempered Steel [3]
Total Unit Cost: 37

Spined Threshers [28] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 28

Flesh Rippers [38] 2x2
Dead Sprint [4]
Total Unit Cost: 42

I have had sporadic success with the Fear Incarnate/Psychosis Siren combo. A bad round of unstable runes leaves you with only range-1 for placing tokens with thd Spined Threshers and range-1 for the Psychosis Siren. With only a single Spined Threshers unit, you may have trouble putting panic back on after your first Siren assault.

When the runes are good, though, you can really Release the Panic !

Edited by Budgernaut

Usually my games have had engagement by turn 3 so that range one thing hasn't been an issue. That being said I guess the siren really hasn't pulled any super clutch moral cards on anyone, its just there as an annoyance.

Here's another fun one I toyed with the other night.

Ravos the Everhungry (40) [50]
-Insatiable Hunger (3)
-Viscera Goblet (7)
Berserkers 2x2 (27) [40]
-Bloodfire Witch (5)
-Fire Rune (7)
Berserkers 2x2 (27) [40]
-Cacophony Reaver (6)
-Fire Rune (7)
Spined Threshers 2x1 (28) [28]
Flesh Ripper 2x2 (38) [42]
-Rank Discipline (4)
TOTAL: 199 points
The only card I'm using that isn't in the Uthuk Y'llan Army Expansion or Uthuk Y'llan Infantry Command Unit Upgrade Expansion is Rank Discipline, which I got from the core. You could do some adnusting by dropping that and adding something else.
Every unit in this army benefits from Unstable Energy in some way. It fuels fast charges for Ravos and the Flesh Rippers, helps Spined Threshers throw their panic tokens out furthee, and pumps up the Fire Rune damage.
Cacophony Reaver is awesome here because he isn't melee-only, meaning you can wound 5-defense units with a single hit result with his Lethal-[top morale card # of icons]. Having the Bloodfire Witch doubles your chances of having 4 red runes from 25% to 50%.
You may question Viscera Goblet, but in my last game, he healed 3 wounds and ended the game with 4 wounds. Without Viscera Goblet, he would have been defeated. Also, Ravos benefits from red runes multiple times in a game because he just slaughters unit after unit, freeing him up after engagements.
Again, if you don't have Ranked Discipline, you can keep the core of this list unchanged. I would consider dropping from 4 trays of Flesh Rippers to two 2-tray units for added blocking and screening. You could then drop Viscera Goblet (as much as I love it) and add something 5-points or less else to your Berserkers units.

This looks very incredibly annoying and I can't wait to try it out.

The only thing is I would never leave home without dead sprint (proxied of course). It seems so key to keeping FRs on target.

Also I agree with the goblet there has been a bunch of times Ravos survived because of it. That and I don't really think any other artifact he really can benefit from as much as that one.

Edited by Panzerninja