Will there ever be more races? I wish that we had the Tines!

By mtomporo, in Twilight Imperium

I love Twilight Imperium 4th. edition! Even though the 17 races are a lot, I wonder if there will ever be expansions with new races?

Since we have a cat race, a turtle race, fish race, I wish that the game included a dog race.

What got me thinking about this are the Tines from Vernor Vinge's "A Fire Upon the Deep." It's cool how the Tines are canines and that they form communal packs that then operate as a single entity. In my opinion, they seem like they would play in a way that would be unique from the other TI races but still fit into the TI universe.

You did take a look at the Clans of Sarr right?

2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

You did take a look at the Clans of Sarr right?

The Saar, a cross between dogs and warthogs! So you have two animals in one race, you see?

8 hours ago, Pretorian said:

The Saar, a cross between dogs and warthogs! So you have two animals in one race, you see?

Exactly, so we have a dog race.

So what we really need are space penguins!

Space giraffes!

Space Aardvarks!

Space Lemurs! Lead by a King called Julien....

42 minutes ago, Fnoffen said:

Space Lemurs! Lead by a King called Julien....

Can move 1 ship out of an already activated system by spending 1 command token and 1 trade good.

I like to move it move it...

You know, guys, I think we're on to something here. You know how there in Magic the Gathering is a card set called "Unhinged"? This is starting to lean towards that...

Unglued, it was a great set when it came out

Knights of the Hokey Pokey that could prevent all damage done to them if you did the dance ;-)

There have been 3 “un-” sets in Magic. Unglued, Unhinged, and just recently Unstable.

Ahhh, were they all "comedic" for the most part?

2 minutes ago, Vilnic said:

Ahhh, were they all "comedic" for the most part?

Yes, all the un sets are comedic.

The Knights of NI!

Racial ability: Quest giving. If another race does anything you ask them to, you immediatley gain one VP. And a shrubbery...

The Black Knight(s)

Racial ability: 'Tis but a flesh wound. ALL your units have the Sustain Damage trait. "NONE shall pass!"

Edited by Fnoffen
for elaboration

I recently played this game, and controlled the planet Quann, amongst others. I then wondered about the ancient race that once inhabited the planet, the race being called Ur. What statistics would their fighters have? ;-)

Ur is Swedish for watch or clock so that makes me think Steampunk Clockwork style. Which would technically be far inferior to anything else out there but also much simpler and cheaper to produce. Plus they would take up less space since you wouldn't need cabins for pilots. Damaged fighters could possibly also be combined to make new ones.

So: they only hit on 10 but only cost 1 resource to produce 4 fighters and they only take up half a capacity slot each. Upgraded Fighters could gain: For every 2 fighters destroyed in a space battle you may get one back at the end of battle.

2 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

Ur is Swedish for watch or clock so that makes me think Steampunk Clockwork style. Which would technically be far inferior to anything else out there but also much simpler and cheaper to produce. Plus they would take up less space since you wouldn't need cabins for pilots. Damaged fighters could possibly also be combined to make new ones.

So: they only hit on 10 but only cost 1 resource to produce 4 fighters and they only take up half a capacity slot each. Upgraded Fighters could gain: For every 2 fighters destroyed in a space battle you may get one back at the end of battle.

I think more likely it refers to the ancient Mesopotamian city of Ur, birthplace of Abraham.

Or the Ur-Quan, from the computer games Star Control. ;)

1 hour ago, Xcapobl said:

Or the Ur-Quan, from the computer games Star Control. ;)

Was unaware of that games. Thanks!

A Space Llama!