EotE Powerpoint Template for adventures/sourcebooks

By DangerShine Designs, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

hey all,

So I have started putting together adventures and sourcebooks for my campaigns and, being sort of OCD about certain things in life, I felt compelled to try and give them a look and feel cohesive with FFG's stuff. Building on the work of other people on these forums (such as adding page backgrounds from previous templates by people such as Depicacyx as well as others that I'm currently unable to find the original threads and give credit to (sorry!)), I have thrown together a PowerPoint template that should make generating your own content a little easier for anyone (like me) who has greater experience with PowerPoint than they do with (say) as Desktop Publishing Software package. I also find PPT just so much easier to use for adding pictures and reformatting text than Word.

I plan on 'publishing' the adventures to the community when they are finished and have been play tested by my group but while I'm still tinkering I thought I would share the template for anyone putting together their own stuff. I plan on creating an AoR and FaD templates in the next few days, and will upload those too when complete.

Notes/features:

• click the center box on the title page to add your own image
  • opening crawl page
  • table of contents page
  • pages with pre-formatted text and heading boxes
  • pages with just text boxes
  • blank 'starfield' pages for adding planets
  • credits page
  • the initial page as well as the master have the dice icons printed for copy/pasting

EotE PowerPoint Template v0.91 (The template got super-bloated, have uploaded a small copy)

AoR PowerPoint Template v0.9

Fonts (Aurebesh, SF Distant Galaxy, Teuton, SWRPGIcons, these will need to be added or you'll have funky text and no symbols)

Feedback, comments and questions very welcome!

To see the full list of pages, just hit View > Slide Master

slides.png

Here are thumbnails of the layout:

Power_Point_Layout.png

Edited by DangerShine Designs

updated with an AoR template.

Edited by DangerShine Designs

This is terrific! Thank you for sharing.

Great looking Template. Thanks for sharing.

This is great! I will definately try this, thank you for sharing!

Superb, thank you.

Wow this is incredible! Thank you!

Sweet! Thanks! Will totally use this on the Module I just wrote.

5 hours ago, GM_loke said:

A pleasure! Just don’t forget to share with the community when done!

Wow, missed this when it came out. Great tool

Not sure how I didn't find this earlier. These are great.

We play with on a table with an LCD screen built in (not quite as cool as Staggering Dragon though), so I might modify these to suit the Portrait display I use. Thanks!

Excellent work ! Thank you !

Better than blue milk!!!!

Was there a Force and Destiny version that was ever released?

15 hours ago, Zeiaxar said:

Was there a Force and Destiny version that was ever released?

No, my group doesn’t do any FaD stuff at this point but it would be pretty simple to do, i will try and get one put together for this week.

On 4/19/2018 at 2:02 AM, GM_loke said:

@GM_loke did you ever complete your module?

On 6/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, DangerShine Designs said:

No, my group doesn’t do any FaD stuff at this point but it would be pretty simple to do, i will try and get one put together for this week.

Still a chance at the F&D version? Also possibly the Generic Sourcebook look also?

On 6/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, DangerShine Designs said:

On 9/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Jedifish said:

Still a chance at the F&D version? Also possibly the Generic Sourcebook look also?

Seconded. I wanted to try to make a sourcebook in F&D style that collected the various types of lightsaber crystals and provided crafting rules for making synthetic ones but I can't find an F&D style anywhere to use.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I downloaded these, but my PowerPoint 365 only shows the cover page as being available. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

On 9/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jedifish said:

On 9/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Seconded. I wanted to try to make a sourcebook in F&D style that collected the various types of lightsaber crystals and provided crafting rules for making synthetic ones but I can't find an F&D style anywhere to use.

I'm so sorry, real life has been crazy over the last few months, I will try and knock these out by the end of the month.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:35 PM, Vondy said:

I downloaded these, but my PowerPoint 365 only shows the cover page as being available. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

If you downloaded the template then you'll just see the title page (like below), can you go HOME > NEW SLIDE and see if the other pages are there? If so, just go FILE > SAVE AS and you should be able to create new pages with the right backgrounds.

image.png

53 minutes ago, DangerShine Designs said:

If you downloaded the template then you'll just see the title page (like below), can you go HOME > NEW SLIDE and see if the other pages are there? If so, just go FILE > SAVE AS and you should be able to create new pages with the right backgrounds.

image.png

That worked. Thanks.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, DangerShine Designs said:

I'm so sorry, real life has been crazy over the last few months, I will try and knock these out by the end of the month.

No problem. As you can probably tell, I haven't been around for a good while. On that note, how's progress?

I was recently thinking... I was wanting to make a page for a crafted starfighter I made up as though it was official. I also wanted to make tables for use for a lightsaber crystal crafting book I'm also working on. However, it doesn't seem like your templates have any sort of graphics for stats on vehicles. i.e.

Belbullab-22.PNG.f8b3907ed1f6acbb91f69d2

Or species for that matter. Any chance you could add something for that, or know of one I could use?

Edited by immortalfrieza
On 1/9/2020 at 6:05 PM, DangerShine Designs said:

I know things have been hectic for almost everyone since March, but... is it still on your "to do list"?