Aetheriac's Misfits

By Aetheriac, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

WIP on some Flesh Rippers

Air brushed gloss medium, black, and Tamiya trans red. Going to add red, yellow, and some white highlights to the main body. I haven't determined what the head will be like yet.

jiPjEZX.jpg 6D5bwav.jpg

VyqLqzp.jpg

eTST20b.jpg

Edited by Aetheriac

Very curious how they will look, reminds me of Aliens :)

They appear redder in better light, but still dark. I'll be brightening them up in the next pass while keeping the deep red in the recesses. And a xenomorph vibe is what I was kind of going for.

Edited by Aetheriac

If you keep the heads white, it'll look like the skull monsters from Kong: Skull Island.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

If you keep the heads white, it'll look like the skull monsters from Kong: Skull Island.

Just watched that yesterday too. Probably add white to the back spurs too.

So here's a first take, thoughts?

nNQi1xb.jpg

WtSBsve.jpg

BKvuliv.jpg

9c8NVp7.jpg

Unfortunately, the sculpt's tail screams "bone" so much that I think it would look better painted like the head. Though I do like that you went for something different by painting the tail the color of the flesh.

Do you have a goal for the eyes? Is that white part of a glow effect? That could turn out nice. If you keep it as white, it makes them look blind, which kinda has its own sense of terror. Like, no matter where you hide, they'll find you because sight is not their hunting sense.

I agree on the bone look of the tail, and wanted to try something else. I do like the blind thing, I hadn't thought about what I was doing with the eyes yet.

Just had a thought on how to adjust the tail...

Edited by Aetheriac

Im thinking red on black would look good with bone for the tail and skull.

Revamp of this color scheme. I like the blind look, going to keep that. The tails do look better too. Blood effects will be added soon.

WQEy9D3.jpg

UWuIbt8.jpg

GkJbR9L.jpg

FVJqKUa.jpg

9tBpPsw.jpg

10 hours ago, Aetheriac said:

Revamp of this color scheme. I like the blind look, going to keep that. The tails do look better too. Blood effects will be added soon.

WQEy9D3.jpg

UWuIbt8.jpg

GkJbR9L.jpg

FVJqKUa.jpg

9tBpPsw.jpg

I like this more brown approach compared to the red most people choose

Beginning mods to some death knights.

Knights should have lances right?

OoA9jfJ.jpg?1 FagsNIl.jpg?1

Nice weapon swap! I'm trying to do something similar for my worms. Where did you get the lance?

I picked some Reaper weapon packs. Some of the weapons are larger than I want, but for the most part the scale is good enough.

Some modding and priming ...

vaibGKg.jpg

UUEU9M7.jpg

jqTWeLL.jpg