Universe name change - Runebound becomes Terrinoth

By Uthoroc, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Just a curiosity, but I noticed that FFG renamed their "Runebound" category under Products > Universes to "Terrinoth" (I couldn't find it for a minute! ;) ). That seems indicative to me that they want to strengthen their homegrown Fantasy IP and detach it a little from the original game that spawned it, and makes me more hopeful that RW will stick around as part of that IP.

Technically I think Disk Wars spawned Terrinoth, but yes that seems like the purpose, and a good sign.

Ah, I wasn't even aware that Disk Wars goes back that far... it was never really on my radar.

1 hour ago, Uthoroc said:

Ah, I wasn't even aware that Disk Wars goes back that far... it was never really on my radar.

DiskWars was 1999, IIRC. I had recently moved from the Twin Cities, and I remember looking at the rules, and saying to myself, "... and I just left there." I used to live about a mile from their headquarters, and may well have played with some of the early employees at a games store nearby.

7 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

Just a curiosity, but I noticed that FFG renamed their "Runebound" category under Products > Universes to "Terrinoth" (I couldn't find it for a minute! ;) ). That seems indicative to me that they want to strengthen their homegrown Fantasy IP and detach it a little from the original game that spawned it, and makes me more hopeful that RW will stick around as part of that IP.

I noticed that too! It makes me really hopeful about their investment in Runebo -- er -- Terrinoth games. :D

Same! I would have posted about it, but I was hurrying off to a Runewars tournament. :D

I'm hopeful that after Legion blitz dies down, and the Terrinoth source book for Genesys gets released, that we start to see more for the Terrinoth universe.

Technically, Battlemist predates Diskwars, by a year. ;)

FYI, the Sourcebook (Realms of Terrinoth) has been out, and there's also one adventure out, on Drive Thru RPG. Haedra's Shard.