Monster movement & mulitple investigators?

By Stansfield, in Mansions of Madness

Monster activations says: " the cultist moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator".

We got 4 investigators in 2 x 2 groups. Both 2-man teams are 2 spaces away.

Question 1: What's the rule used when we need to find out what team the cultist moves to? (random by die roll or do we get to decied as per the conflict rule in RR p. 2)

Question 2: " the cultist moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator". Will the cultist move to another investigator if it is allready in space/melee range with another investigator?

I guess it stays put and attack since NEAREST is defined as, ... "fewest number of spaces away" including the space from which an effect originates (RR p. 13)?

have a nice day & happy monster hunting out there:-)

1- You must decide as you say.

2- No, he remains there.

Just now, gran_orco said:

1- You must decide as you say.

2- No, he remains there.

Thanks gran_oroco!

1 - Good good! If we can decied, then "kiting" is now way more effective.

2- Yeah okey - seems to make sense it stays put and attacks. Put later we got a, "Move toward the space with the most investigators" So it left the single one and attacked the larger party. So it seems monster can move around even after the have engaged in melee combat ...

44 minutes ago, Stansfield said:

Thanks gran_oroco!

orco, orco, not oroco :lol:

1 hour ago, gran_orco said:

orco, orco, not oroco :lol:

Gahh - my bad! gran_orco /bow:-)

Question:

When app says, "Monster moves to be adjacent with most investigators".....

But there is one investigator on its space,

And 2 investigators are on a space one space away,

Does it move or not?

Edited by tyberius
To mark 'get notified of replies'

I believe it does not move in this case.

The investigator with whom it is sharing a space is not considered adjacent. So if it remains the same space with that investigator, then it also remains adjacent to the other two investigators who are one space away (and therefore, to the most investigators).

If the monster shared the space with the two investigators that are only one space away, then it would only be adjacent to the one investigator (in the space it had just left).