Marching away form terrain

By willrum, in Runewars Rules Questions

Another situation my opponent and i were confused about.

My Ardus had his back touching terrain because he marched out of it in the previous round. A unit of Deepwood archers entered the terrain at init 3, making the archers and Ardus engaged. At init 5 my Ardus was suppose to march away from the terrain.

1. Is Ardus able to march away?

2. If so, does he take a panic?

3. would the archers be able to shoot him/someone else next turn if he were stuck in place?

thanks for any help!

1) No as he is engaged

2) No as he is going nowhere

3) Unless they had close quarters targeting they would have to engage in melee with Ardus

If Ardus shifted, he could disengage and would take the panic token.

5 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

If Ardus shifted, he could disengage and would take the panic token.

True, but if he had a march set on his dial, then he would remain. I was responding to the scenario presented, not what he could do in the future.

Edited by Aetheriac
1 hour ago, Aetheriac said:

True, but if he had a march set on his dial, then he would remain. I was responding to the scenario presented, not what he could do in the future.

Exactly. And your response was perfect, so I had nothing to add to that scenario. I was merely elaborating on his comment about the panic. Had he planned a shift instead of a march, he would have been able to disengage and taken a panic token. But as you said, the march got canceled because he became engaged before he activated.