Olcadan

By 1sanik, in UFS Rules Q & A

With most cards that have the infinite symbol, I have the understanding that when they come into play, you announce the symbol you want and the infinite symbol becomes that symbol until the card leaves play. So, say you begin the game with Universal Fighter as your starting character, and you choose the Fire symbol, he'll have that for the rest of the game, as he doesn't leave play.

Olcadan states: At the beginning of your combat phase, choose 1 resource symbol. This character is considered to have that resource symbol until the beginning of your next combat phase.

Does this mean that ultimately Olcadan has 2 symbols? The text on him doesn't refer to the infinite symbol, so if I decided to use him as my starting character, once the game begins, I choose infinite to be the fire symbol, and then when my combat phase begins I choose "1 resource symbol" as water, so he's "onsidered to have that resource symbol until the beginning of your next combat phase" as well as having fire?

1sanik said:

...if I decided to use him as my starting character, once the game begins, I choose infinite to be the fire symbol, and then when my combat phase begins I choose "1 resource symbol" as water, so he's "onsidered to have that resource symbol until the beginning of your next combat phase" as well as having fire?

correct

Keep in mind he's not a legal character.