Arrows will fill the sky

By namelessone81, in Runewars List Building

You think they will stay and fight in the sade ?

FDED201F-0EB2-43EE-AB40-48858A238F59.png

Actually I played yesterday against my friend who was running a list similar to this. Although he had on unit of Leonx instead of a unit of derpwood archers. The 3x2 formation of archers with Maegan and Fire Rune, hurt me so much.

I will change MCW in Scions for Tempered Steel. And I dont see the utility of that Rallying Starling, maybe change it for something else.

1 hour ago, Athelin said:

Actually I played yesterday against my friend who was running a list similar to this. Although he had on unit of Leonx instead of a unit of derpwood archers. The 3x2 formation of archers with Maegan and Fire Rune, hurt me so much.

I will change MCW in Scions for Tempered Steel. And I dont see the utility of that Rallying Starling, maybe change it for something else.

The starling is for the fire rune and I found that the scions ate pretty good at melee.

But you dont have to exhaust Fire Rune, do you?

5 minutes ago, Athelin said:

But you dont have to exhaust Fire Rune, do you?

Omg yes you are right

(feeling stupid ) I didn’t realized it so many games now not me nor my friend ..... mind blown ....

yeah I will change the starling then you are right !!! Thnx

Tactical starlings are a good throwaway 2 point upgrade because they have 4 armor.

Think Aliana is right for this list? She's an excellent threat, but those archers are going to be doing most of the work, so I'd think more blockers would be nice. As is you really just have the 2x1 of Scions to hold your opponent's attention, so I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to keep things like cav from engaging, even from beyond range 5.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, Bhelliom said:

Think Aliana is right for this list? She's an excellent threat, but those archers are going to be doing most of the work, so I'd think more blockers would be nice. As is you really just have the 2x1 of Scions to hold your opponent's attention, so I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to keep things like cav from engaging, even from beyond range 5.

While I'm not sure she IS right for the list, Ambush Predator Aliana can be really good at some objectives. She's easy to get flank charges in for Demoralize, she's fast and mobile for hopping around collecting tokens, and can play keep-away pretty adroitly when it comes to Bounties (certainly better than anything else in the list). Would I toss Packleader's Spear on her with that intent? Probably not; I find Ambush Predator and Packleader's Spear to be best used as an either/or build rather than both. I'd probably throw Malcorne's Bequest on, instead, so you can seek advantageous options for Scions and Fire Runes on crucial turns. Or drop Packleader's Spear, the Rallying Starling, and Raven Tabards for a naked blocking Scion.