Future Playable Characters

By RebelSteve, in Fallout

There's a lot of talk going around about expansions for the game. I'm really curious to know thoughts on additional playable characters in the future and what mechanics that may bring to the game. Here are some of the characters I hope to see in expansions:

Raider: Starts vilified. Some kind of rage ability, like dealing extra damage based on missing health. This one is a given. I had hoped to see the Super Mutant would have some kind of rage ability, but them not having it opens up the possibility of this character.

Child of Atom: A radiation-based ability or item, maybe a bonus to combat while standing in an irradiated space. I really enjoyed their whole aesthetic in Far Harbor , so it would be really cool to play as one.

Gen-3 Synth: Starts as a Synth. Special Institute-based tech of some kind? I'm just wondering how the game would go if someone started as a Synth rather than discover they're one through a random encounter.

Robot (Mr. Handy or Assaultron): Base armor score, but can't equip armor. Immunity to radiation. Seeing a Mr. Handy character with Codsworth as a companion will be all kinds of glorious.

Chemist: Starts addicted and has a chem-based ability like combining them for greater effects (and to save inventory space).

Settler: I absolutely love settlement building in Fallout 4 and have been thinking about how it could work within the already established rules of the game. The first things that came to mind were adding encounters or quest lines for settlement building. This would require a whole lot of new cards. My favorite (and probably simplest) idea so far is the addition of a Settler character. This character would be the only one who can build a settlement, and it's pretty much their entire strategy. Crossroads Camp would start as a rank-0 settlement. The Settler could spend caps there to increase its rank and gain XP.