Final mission ended in epic way! (Spoiler)

By IanSolo_FFG, in Legends of the Alliance

I finished my first solo run with the app. I had previously played through it coop with a friend. I thought I'd share what was a truly epic final mission.

I played with Shyla, Diala (as a support), Jarrod and Loku. Lots of melee! Probably not the best party, but I like to try different things. Besides, Shyla can have one "range" attack with her mandalorian whip (not exactly that but sort of...).

For the final mission, I was allowed to bring the regular rebel troopers. The app activated its elite stormtroopers and after 3 attacks, gone were the rebel troopers lol! Fast forward a few rounds later. Jarrod was first wounded at the hands of the Royal Guard Champion. Later on, Shyla, then Diala were also flipped. Then came that small 2x2 hall where the Sith Lord Darth Vader showed up. Shyla delayed Vader with her mandalorian whip to allow Loku to run to the shuttle. Vader then killed (withdrew) Shyla. Jarrod also ran to the shuttle while Jax finished off the remaining stormtroopers. With the shuttle ready to depart, Diala (too far away to make it this round) tried to delay the Sith Lord further. Failing in her attempt to stop him, she deactivated her ancient lightsaber and allowed herself to be one with the Force (litterally! She rolled a blank allowing Vader to withdraw her! I thought it was so thematic that I did not use foresight). The 3-activation-a-round Vader was really nasty! Great campaign, now feed me more FFG!!

Very different from my experience - I had one hero that was defeated before Vader.  Then when I had my next hero defeated by Vader, it went to the end of the story with me losing.  

Edited by adamjf1
was trying to enter spoil text, not sure how that works

(All heroes becoming wounded is a lose condition for the rebels in all missions.)

In the final hallway for me it was very like Rogue One. Never have I enjoyed losing as much I did there.

I thought the part with Vader showing up at the end was neat and very Rogue One like.. but it also would have been cool to have an actual boss battle to finish off the campaign.

To be honest my group was so let down with the finale that we opted to start Jabba's Realm instead of playing through our other already in progress campaign. But the rest of the campaign was great and I can't wait for more app content, just wasn't in love with the finale.

My group went 5-0 on hard as well in this campaign, our fame was 285 heading into the final mission I didn't know how to check it at the end.

Edited by FrogTrigger