Let it Rain Blight

By darkjawa103, in Runewars List Building

So after about 6-8 games I finally found a list that I'm liking. I played two games last night with the list below and won both. First game was against my usual Daqan opponent, second was against a friend playing his first game and bringing the Latari.

Ardus IX'Erebus

Shield of Margath

Ancient technique

Reanimate archers 2x1

-combat ingenuity

Reanimate Archers 2x1

-close quarters targeting

Reanimates 3x2

-support carrion lancer

-File leader

-blighted vexillum bearer

-lingering dead

-triumphant cry

Carrion Lancer

-rank discipline

Carrion Lancer

-rank discipline

Carrion Lancer

199 points

Pretty straight forward. Just scoot up as needed and launch blight tokens. I treat the CLs like another ranged attack. Sit back and shoot out blight. Ardus and the Reanimates can run up and block enemy movement or objectives.

Shield of Margath is tempting on Ardus with his 3 defense, but I think you could use the points saved there to put Combat Ingenuity on that second Archer unit.

CQT isn't going to do anything for them, honestly. If a 2x1 unit of Reanimate Archers is engaged by basically anyone it's dead. Being able to shoot one last time isn't going to save it. Being able to dump 5-6 blight on a potential attacker, though, WILL keep it alive long enough to disentangle or get reinforced on the flank.

That would be an obvious choice, except that I only own one copy of CI

13 hours ago, darkjawa103 said:

That would be an obvious choice, except that I only own one copy of CI

Gah! I have the same problem. I really need to pick up another box of Reanimate Archers, but I'm trying to figure out how to make do with what I have. Usually this means making it a 2x2 unit, which is pretty awesome for rerolls, but a bit expensive for not dealing much damage.

Right. I've tried them in a 2x2 and didn't care for it