Raider aft crippled, then reveals 1 bank

By Algernon, in X-Wing Epic Play

Played a game tonight. Raider was rammed in the aft section by the gr-75, crippling the section. Raider then reveals a 1 bank maneuver. Crippled aft card says cannot do 1 bank maneuvers. What should we do? Couldn't find the answer in a quick flip through the the rulebook, so we treated it as a one forward. I had a look in the support section, but couldn't find a clear answer. Anyone know how it should have been played?

27 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Played a game tonight. Raider was rammed in the aft section by the gr-75, crippling the section. Raider then reveals a 1 bank maneuver. Crippled aft card says cannot do 1 bank maneuvers. What should we do? Couldn't find the answer in a quick flip through the the rulebook, so we treated it as a one forward. I had a look in the support section, but couldn't find a clear answer. Anyone know how it should have been played?

Aside from a small/large ship attempting a red maneuver while stressed, an illegal maneuver results in your opponent selecting a legal maneuver for your ship. For example, a ship with Shaken Pilot cannot be assigned straight maneuvers. "If a ship with Shaken Pilot reveals a straight maneuver, the opposing player chooses any nonstraight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute. If the ship is also stressed, the opposing player chooses any non-red, non-straight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute." (FAQ v4.4.0, pg. 9)

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

5 hours ago, FireSpy said:

Aside from a small/large ship attempting a red maneuver while stressed, an illegal maneuver results in your opponent selecting a legal maneuver for your ship. For example, a ship with Shaken Pilot cannot be assigned straight maneuvers. "If a ship with Shaken Pilot reveals a straight maneuver, the opposing player chooses any nonstraight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute. If the ship is also stressed, the opposing player chooses any non-red, non-straight maneuver on that ship’s dial for that ship to execute." (FAQ v4.4.0, pg. 9)

Well, this is my off-the-cuff ruling. . .

Damage cards say the ship cannot be assigned a 1 bank. Since the maneuver was assigned prior to the damage, it was a legal maneuver when assigned, and can be carried out one last time.

Well there is no 2 straight white. But after the ramming I say you could give your opponent the maneuver dial and have him dial in a legal maneuver. It would be like the Hammerhead pushing the ISD in Rogue One.

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:
8 hours ago, Algernon said:

8 hours ago, FireSpy said:

Well, this is my off-the-cuff ruling. . .

Damage cards say the ship cannot be assigned a 1 bank. Since the maneuver was assigned prior to the damage, it was a legal maneuver when assigned, and can be carried out one last time.

I agree with you in cases where it says "cannot be assigned" . However, the crippled Raider aft section says "You cannot choose or execute [left 1 bank] or [right 1 bank] maneuvers" , making it illegal to execute the maneuver, even if it was legal when it was chosen.

5 minutes ago, FireSpy said:

I agree with you in cases where it says "cannot be assigned" . However, the crippled Raider aft section says "You cannot choose or execute [left 1 bank] or [right 1 bank] maneuvers" , making it illegal to execute the maneuver, even if it was legal when it was chosen.

There it is. I couldn't find the card online to read, and not at home to look at my own.

So I guess you should go back to opponent chooses. . .

Thanks for the help y'all :)

That’s unfortunate... I would argue thematically it gets to do it one last time but I guess RAW if you can cripple the rear in the activation phase before it activates and it was banking you get to reset it

New goal in life: cripple a Raider, take the helm, and steer it into the shield gate... Er... Opposing fleet.

47 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

That’s unfortunate... I would argue thematically it gets to do it one last time but I guess RAW if you can cripple the rear in the activation phase before it activates and it was banking you get to reset it

Imperial Captain: Turn us to port!

Helmsman: They shot us in the butt, sir! I'm gonna do whatever they say!!!!

15 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Imperial Captain: Turn us to port!

Helmsman: They shot us in the butt, sir! I'm gonna do whatever they say!!!!

... rammed us in the butt...

Accurate, and funnier :lol:

Ramming was Toryn Farr and Dutyfree.