Cloaking and Splash (again)

By ZveroMaxx, in StarCraft

1 vs 1

dark templar (cloak) vs Siege Tank (with splash)

Tank has sufficient strength for kill Archon and it withdraws instead destroying. Then Archon must be destoroyed, because splash damage was triggered.

Am I right?

ZveroMaxx said:

dark templar (cloak) vs Siege Tank (with splash)

Tank has sufficient strength for kill Archon and it withdraws instead destroying.

To kill Dark Templar, I quess. Yes, he can withdraw instead being destroyed.

But Splash Damage (if It was Siege Mode card) is still triggered and later you need to destroy any of other Protoss ground unit in battle (even if you have to destroy an Archon).

Dark Templar, sure

Thx

Confusing as hell, I think you meant Dark Templar instead of Archon. Everyone should read that post substituting Dark Templar in place of Archon. And I think the answer to your question is that the Dark Templar gets to withdraw instead of being annihilated due to splash. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Is withdraw instantaneous or is it deferred to the end of the battle? If it's a 1v1 battle and the Dark Templar retreats, isn't there nothing left for the Siege Tank to splash kill?

i think withdrawing is resolved BEFORE splash damage, so the dark templar withdraws and so nothing has to be killed by the splash damage, because there is nothing left.