Drowned Men

By Reighar, in General Discussion

I’m having a bit of an argument about a card and would like some input from a third party. My wife plays the Grayjoy deck. She was using the Drowned men card. When a card was played that made the text box blank on that card she says well it still gets the str bonus from the other drowned men card she had out. I was confused and looked at the card and since it says Drowned Men gets +1 str for each warship I started to say well if that’s true wouldn’t having two drowned men cards give you essentially 2 str for each warship. She says no it doesn’t work that way. When I looked at the card closely and read the text. I now believe that the cards Str bonus only effects itself and not the other drowned men card.

Hopefully someone one can help me clarify this issue

9D3760FD-6BAB-4B78-8CC9-F043EB7405F4.jpeg

You wife is right....even if she's technically incorrect :D

Ive no idea about the agot question tho :P I'm sure there's something about self referencing cards in the rules reference that might help / cause divorce.

3 hours ago, Reighar said:

I’m having a bit of an argument about a card and would like some input from a third party. My wife plays the Grayjoy deck. She was using the Drowned men card. When a card was played that made the text box blank on that card she says well it still gets the str bonus from the other drowned men card she had out. I was confused and looked at the card and since it says Drowned Men gets +1 str for each warship I started to say well if that’s true wouldn’t having two drowned men cards give you essentially 2 str for each warship. She says no it doesn’t work that way. When I looked at the card closely and read the text. I now believe that the cards Str bonus only effects itself and not the other drowned men card.

Hopefully someone one can help me clarify this issue

9D3760FD-6BAB-4B78-8CC9-F043EB7405F4.jpeg

I answered you in your other post in the 1.0 thread