Logging Entries

By Finch204, in Legacy of Dragonholt

How do you log entries that you've read? How often do you log them? Do you log every single entry that you read for a quest?

I played the game for the first time last night. I managed to finish the "To New Roads" quest. It was fun but I also felt that the constant page flipping and logging of entries was a drag. The page flipping I can understand, but the logging of entries was breaking up the flow and immersion for me. I think that if I concern myself less with logging entries, I would have even more fun going through the quest. So the next time I'm going to play it, I'll try logging only entries that I think are really important. My one concern here is, would I run into an issue later into the game if I don't log all the entries I've read?

You should have no issues if you don't log your entries, the first time I played through I only wrote down the end of day entries and everything was fine. I didn't have access to a printer and didn't want to use the pages it came with so I used a blank page for everything so I didn't bother with logging entries just the story points and critical stuff. I think it's more suggested so you don't mess up and then lose your place. Which I did a couple of times but was able to get myself sorted out quickly.

42 minutes ago, Truckerpunk said:

You should have no issues if you don't log your entries, the first time I played through I only wrote down the end of day entries and everything was fine. I didn't have access to a printer and didn't want to use the pages it came with so I used a blank page for everything so I didn't bother with logging entries just the story points and critical stuff. I think it's more suggested so you don't mess up and then lose your place. Which I did a couple of times but was able to get myself sorted out quickly.

That makes sense and sounds like a more streamlined way of playing the game. I'll give that a try.

In my case, I did use the pages provided by the game, but I used a pencil so I can easily erase stuff if I mess up.

I also didn't log each entry on my first quest. I think the book suggests you do so in order to try different options on future playthroughs. As far as I know, it's totally optional and I can see how it would be a little distracting from the immersion.

I log the entries as I read them since I am often distracted by little voices. It helps to know where I was Last when the distractions occur!

I played a little last night and explored Dragonholt village. I didn't log entries at all and I felt that it was a more natural way to play the game. Even the page flipping didn't bother me since I wasn't logging entries. I did log where I stopped so I can easily pick up where I left off. This "save game" mechanic is one of the best things about this game.

My only suggestion for saving your place and then starting back up it to quickly write yourself some notes when your done and be sure to take a minute to refresh yourself before you restart. I made the mistake of forgetting a key point when I started up again the one day and bad bad things happened in the story because of my mistakes. There was a moment of non polite words used when I realized what I had done. After that I notes points to remember whenever I put it away.