House Rule; Destroyed Huge Ships

By Marinealver, in X-Wing Epic Play

So when Huge ships are destroyed they sort of disappear from the table like rouge squadron. I want to change that a little. So when a huge ship has damage cards equal or greater than its hull value or when both sections are crippled roll a single red die and consult the table below.

• blank adrift treat huge ship as an obstacle and follow huge ships as obstacles rules. At the end of the activation phase the huge ship does a 1 straight maneuver. Follow all rules for overlapping. When huge ship reaches the board edge remove the ship. When ship hits obstacle or another ship follow overlapping rules and roll again on this table.
  • focus tumbling treat huge ship as an obstacle and follow huge ship rule. At the end of the activation phase the huge ship dose a speed 1 maneuver in the same bearing as it's last maneuver (if it was adrift treat it as a straight). Follow all rules for overlapping. When huge ship reaches the board edge remove the ship. When ship hits obstacle or another ship follow overlapping rules and roll again on this table.
  • hit explosion all ships within range one roll a single red die and suffer damage shown. Remove huge ship and place 1 debris cloud token equal to the number of section cards it has in its place.
  • critical hit chain reaction all ships at range 2 are dealt a face down damage, all ships at range 1 are dealt a face up damage. Place as many debris cloud tokens as epic point the huge ship is worth toughing the base of the huge ship, then remove the huge ship.

So what do you think of that, any other options do you think I should do, should I tune up the damage on explosion, should I nerf chain reaction?

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

So when Huge ships are destroyed they sort of disappear from the table like rouge squadron. I want to change that a little. So when a huge ship has damage cards equal or greater than its hull value or when both sections are crippled roll a single red die and consult the table below.

• blank adrift treat huge ship as an obstacle and follow huge ships as obstacles rules. At the end of the activation phase the huge ship does a 1 straight maneuver. Follow all rules for overlapping. When huge ship reaches the board edge remove the ship. When ship hits obstacle or another ship follow overlapping rules and roll again on this table.
  • focus tumbling treat huge ship as an obstacle and follow huge ship rule. At the end of the activation phase the huge ship dose a speed 1 maneuver in the same bearing as it's last maneuver (if it was adrift treat it as a straight). Follow all rules for overlapping. When huge ship reaches the board edge remove the ship. When ship hits obstacle or another ship follow overlapping rules and roll again on this table.
  • hit explosion all ships within range one roll a single red die and suffer damage shown. Remove huge ship and place 1 debris cloud token equal to the number of section cards it has in its place.
  • critical hit chain reaction all ships at range 2 are dealt a face down damage, all ships at range 1 are dealt a face up damage. Place as many debris cloud tokens as epic point the huge ship is worth toughing the base of the huge ship, then remove the huge ship.

So what do you think of that, any other options do you think I should do, should I tune up the damage on explosion, should I nerf chain reaction?

Neat idea. I might call "adrift" "dead in space" and "tumbling" "adrift" (because they feel like better descriptors of the ship's motion).

I would also like the idea of a truly devastating explosion that ships get 1 round of movement to run from!

:P :

8Mola8v.jpg

Edited by Darth Meanie

Yes! All imperial ships should have a self-destruct.

choice:go out quick and be remembered a hero or...

return to lord vader in failure and be choked to death in disgrace

Edited by LordFajubi

Good old rouge squadron, always in makeup.

Not as effective as rogue squadron though.

I do like the suicide idea

8 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Neat idea. I might call "adrift" "dead in space" and "tumbling" "adrift" (because they feel like better descriptors of the ship's motion).

I would also like the idea of a truly devastating explosion that ships get 1 round of movement to run from!

:P :

8Mola8v.jpg

lol, Star Trek II Wrath of Kahn screen shot. I recognize the transporter room. ;)

21 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Brilliant!