Elven Faction Incoming in 2018?

By jrvk777, in BattleLore

Not meaning to troll here... Just being hopeful that with the reprints of Descent products, we may still somehow see an Elven Army pack in the future... :)

I would certainly do a happy dance! I like my Latari Elves in Runewars, but I can't afford to build a whole army in addition to my Uthuk army, so I would be ecstatic if they came to BattleLore! Sign me up now!

Dream On ! :D

In the meantime, I'm still working on my project "Latari Elves".

My units and cards are all designed, I just have to do graphics for the cards and find proxy models. You know, all the important fancy stuff that people care about. :P

Looking forward to community made factions, then! :)

For the proxy models, it might just be easier to use wooden blocks, as in most of the other Commands & Colors games.

I'm thinking I might pick up a few bags of these from Columbia Games , to use. Could be maybe green for elves, orange for goblins, black or white for dwarves.

The only trick really would be finding blocks big enough for the bases of cavalry or large units.

I don't want it.

BUT I NEED IT!!

On 13/01/2018 at 3:03 AM, Budgernaut said:

Mes unités et cartes sont toutes conçues, je dois juste faire des graphiques pour les cartes et trouver des modèles de proxy. Vous savez, tous les trucs de fantaisie importants dont les gens se soucient. :P

I'm interested

You share ? ^^

3 hours ago, Vendetta64 said:

I'm interested

You share ? ^^

I think the lore cards and unit cards are somewhere on these forums. Now that I think about it, though, I don't think I finished the scenarios. I'll have to do that between painting Runewars Miniatures.

My Project :)
Work in progress...
lat2.jpg

lat3.jpg

Edited by Vendetta64

Awesome work!

On ‎21‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:49 PM, Vendetta64 said:

My Project :)
Work in progress...
lat2.jpg

lat3.jpg

What models do you use? Where did you get the bases from ? For the treant you may take a look at Reaper Minis, Moosbeard.

I want to have the runewars Boardgame minis, 15mm, in Battlelore size - because i want to use the Monsters from Descent 2, so i need smaller sized unit models, battlelore is optimnum for that. Runewars mini game is very big and just a few Basics released. Pegasus is hard to get.

22 hours ago, magicrealm said:

Quels modèles utilisez-vous? Où avez-vous obtenu les bases? Pour le trétif, vous pouvez jeter un coup d'œil à Reaper Minis, Moosbeard.

Je veux avoir les mini-jeux Runewars Boardgame, 15mm, en taille Battlelore - parce que je veux utiliser les monstres de Descent 2, donc j'ai besoin de modèles d'unités de plus petite taille, battlelore est optimnum pour cela. Le mini-jeu de Runewars est très grand et quelques bases sont sorties. Pegasus est difficile à obtenir.

You have a picture ? " Reaper Minis, Moosbeard." I did not find

My Topic Latari elves on boardgamegeek :
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1924277/latari-elves-army-my-project

units :

Warrior -> Caesar Miniatures (box F102 elves)
Archers -> Caesar Miniatures (box F102 elves)
Dryads -> Game : Warhammer Age of Sigmar (unit: Sylvaneth Dryads)
"forest spirit" Game : Confrontation (Unit : sylvan animae)
"Guardian Forest" -> (the only true LATARI unit ^^ )Runewars Miniature > Latari Elves Army > Aymhelin Scion

Pegasus = conversion

peg10.jpg

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28115013#28115013

Bases = custom creation
a french company that manufactures MDF bases
I communicated the dimensions of battlelore and they made me the bases

Awesome, still don't get why FFG miss the cross-over potential of their games! And noticed some of the Battlelore line is switching to 'not available' rather than 'out of stock', I've got said items but still hope it just means 'out of stock' for the future of the line. Update: just read that Battlelore may be no more in the forums. Glad I got my kit when I did. Wonder if it's 'no more' 'no more' or 'clearing the field for 3e' 'no more'? Do we know if it's game over terminal or game over new edition looming?

But as someone mixing up the minis (mainly for Descent and Genesys RPG at the moment) I like your thinking, I'd already sussed some of the Sylvaneth would work nicely with the Latari elves along with some other natural world proxies, and I like your frankenstein experiment lab-produced pegasus! Where did you find its wings?

Edited by Watercolour Dragon
RIP Battlelore?

I don't think we'll see another edition. If you compare the cost of BattleLore to FFG's other miniatures games, you see rather quickly that BattleLore is pretty cheap, especially the core box and army expansions. Reinforcement packs were meant to offset that, but they weren't very popular. I'd say Runewars Miniatures Game is set in the same world, has the distribution model FFG wanted for BattleLore, with a ruleset that fits in with Organized Play easier, and larger models that are easier to sculpt. I guess after all this time, I'm finally agreeing that Runewars supplanted BattleLore. (I refuse to say "killed" because my BattleLore game still works just fine.)

Edited by Budgernaut
spellign

Very sad there doesn't seem to be any plans for an Elven faction. :(

20 hours ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

Awesome, still don't get why FFG miss the cross-over potential of their games! And noticed some of the Battlelore line is switching to 'not available' rather than 'out of stock', I've got said items but still hope it just means 'out of stock' for the future of the line. Update: just read that Battlelore may be no more in the forums. Glad I got my kit when I did. Wonder if it's 'no more' 'no more' or 'clearing the field for 3e' 'no more'? Do we know if it's game over terminal or game over new edition looming?

But as someone mixing up the minis (mainly for Descent and Genesys RPG at the moment) I like your thinking, I'd already sussed some of the Sylvaneth would work nicely with the Latari elves along with some other natural world proxies, and I like your frankenstein experiment lab-produced pegasus! Where did you find its wings?

I find wings on ebay
"
WOOD ELF PEGASUS RIDER" ( Demonworld 15mm)

On 1/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, jrvk777 said:

Not meaning to troll here... Just being hopeful that with the reprints of Descent products, we may still somehow see an Elven Army pack in the future... :)

Though this'll be awkward, i might dance a little if that banner ever gets displayed on FFG's front page. If i'm at the office at that very moment, so be it.

complete pegasus in BLsize : D&D attack WIngs Pegasus