Showcase: Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug "Quadjumper"

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

What the H is a Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug? (The correct name) Let's just call it a Quadjumper

I liked painting this ship. I haven't had the patience to suss out the most it can do out on the mat yet, but I'm sure there will be an upgrade or two in the future that will really make this ship sing.

dmNT4kT.jpg

h3rWhGW.jpg

I go back and forth on this paint scheme. I'm not sure if it needs a re-do or not.

8VitSaz.jpg

rF4sM7b.jpg

Painted as an example during a small workshop for local players. 4cjB3qg.jpg

**Cries into his chocolate milk**

You're putting us to shame--it's so good!

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

**Cries into his chocolate milk**

You're putting us to shame--it's so good!

Don't cry too much. You're a top 10 painter by my brief search.

78gWMJ3.jpg MtqykVs.jpg VjBlduI.jpg 6b0UY5z.jpg YogkyDx.jpg 2jO67sd.jpg 3hay6US.jpg

My workhorse:

AAX4SGJl.png

Workhorse? Do tell. I'm on the lookout for a good way to make this ship a viable part of a squad.

OR did you mean Workhorse as in, it's the kind of ship that's meant to do actual work moving cargo back and forth? Probably the latter.

--------------------------------------

Love the black & yellow markings. It's a little detail like that that really speaks to me.

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 6:51 PM, Force Majeure said:

Workhorse? Do tell. I'm on the lookout for a good way to make this ship a viable part of a squad.

OR did you mean Workhorse as in, it's the kind of ship that's meant to do actual work moving cargo back and forth? Probably the latter.

Mostly the latter. Quadjumper is a crit magnet and slow. Many reds as well, in order to use the tractor array you more or less need pattern analyzer as well, so you accumulate points fast.

However, I like the ship and I'd really would like them have success on the table. One build I tried, was fun and surprisingly effective: Cad Bane + Bomblet (which gets damage boost by Cad). With Zuvio you can throw forward (but need barrel roll), with Sarco you survive longer, but points add up fast.

Combining that Bomblet Quad with Cpt Jo(u)stero is something I plan to test next.

Edited by Managarmr
spelling

DSCN2691.JPG

Extra pics . Even with a mask, the Black Sun logo is a croppy sheet. But I can't do it better. ?

It looks great! A quad jumper isn't going to be in pristine condition anyways so I'm sure the quad drivers tried to touch up the paint with what they had and called it a day.

This ship is going to be a pain in the butt to fly against in second edition. Just what the Doctor Evazan ordered!

Classic blue-panel re-paint to match the factory stripe on the engines.

IMG_20200319_211925.jpg

Here is one of mine

nZF1Wy8.jpg

vTZTyTO.jpg

OSMcX4z.jpg

Ah yes, this thing.

s1ebC8Z.jpg

Painted up Zuvio's ride for my too-many-bombs squad.

4FaOHGw.jpg

UMqTA8j.jpg

lFAzHpY.jpg