Anti-Agency/Miskatonic strategy

By oldthrashbarg, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I've been playing a few games with mainly the core set decks, though enough thrown in to make mono decks possible. So far the core set Agency/Miskatonic combo seems quite poweful, mainly because of agency's sheer power (though also for investigation).

What would be basic strategies to counter the Agency (specifically in terms of the core set + a single copy of each of Summons of the deep)? Presumably something like insanity and combat (e.g. Hastur/Cthulhu). Would there be any other good, possibly non-icon based strategies? I'm playing quite casually, and am just looking for general hints. Apart form anythign else I quite like the idea of mono decks, and am keen to develop them a bit.

My personal guess should be Shubb/Cthulhu : Flod the table and then fire up every thing that I can't handle with the red faction !

Hastur's hand discarding+ skill minoring + Syndicate is a nice hint too !! Especially if you consider the new stuffs that allow you to look at the opposant hand.

PRODIGEE said:

Hastur's hand discarding+ skill minoring + Syndicate is a nice hint too !! hand.

I don't suppose you could explain that to me in layman's terms? I'm not conversant with the CCG terminology...

He's saying that Hastur can force discards from your opponent's hand, which reduces his or her options. The same faction can also lower opposing characters' skill values to the magic number of zero. And Syndicate is a good thing to combo with discard, now that they can let you look at your opponent's hand.

That's what I got out of it, anyway. I'm new to the game as well. What is the text on Hastur from the Core Set?

EDIT: Whoa, sorry. Didn't see the date on the previous post!

MarthWMaster said:

He's saying that Hastur can force discards from your opponent's hand, which reduces his or her options. The same faction can also lower opposing characters' skill values to the magic number of zero. And Syndicate is a good thing to combo with discard, now that they can let you look at your opponent's hand.

That's what I got out of it, anyway. I'm new to the game as well. What is the text on Hastur from the Core Set?

EDIT: Whoa, sorry. Didn't see the date on the previous post!

Thats ok, Things Underground are always getting dug up around here. gui%C3%B1o.gif