Suppressing Android app notifications

By Giffdev, in Mansions of Madness

Hey all,

I recently played this game with friends and decided to use my new chromecast to project the game to my TV so everyone could see without passing the phone around (until a puzzle comes up). However, I *don't* want everyone to see if i get texts, facebook notifications, etc etc during gameplay because a)privacy and b)it takes you out of the moment when something pops up.

Is there any feature in the app (or coming soon) where the app can suppress notifications? My only workaround so far was to turn off *all* app notifications during gameplay then turn them all back on in the android global settings. Anyone have a better solution?

It is not the job of an app to suppress system notifications. The whole point of these is that you see relevant alarms and information while doing something completely unrelated.

If you do not want to see notifications, the correct way to go is to turn on the "do not disturb" mode. Just open the quick settings and pick a dnd option. The exact options depend on the android version but two or so taps should take care of it.

Yeah, there are only a handful of apps that have control over these functions, and they are apps that are created for the sole reason of suppressing and changing the system options. Samea has the right idea if you plan to cast.

My gaming group usually uses a laptop connected through HDMI with a wireless mouse for control. Also helps to make it easier to pass for a puzzle and provides background music from the app.