Well there is an official RPG book, now!

By rowdyoctopus, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Excited to see this, it means, if we get a map. we can setup a narrative campaign.

This looks like a must-have!

(And I say this without having even seen the article!)

It does look like a must have, that takes you down the road of getting the gensys core book as well.

19 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

It does look like a must have, that takes you down the road of getting the gensys core book as well.

Well only if you plan on playing!

I know I'll want to!

I’m really happy about this book finally being officially announced!

There might not be any new expansion announcements but this is equally awesome!

If dragon lords gets a faction my head would explode. I like the shards of magic lore thing they talk about, makes the magic of RMG cooler knowing a bit about how it works. Now I want to know the backstory on each artifact.

Finally.

Never gonna play it. Need to own it anyway.

There is little "new" here, but I just love the chance to read more. Also, it seems this lore will likely retcon previous information, so I definitely have to read it!

Shipping now... release date 2018-04-19

Got the book, tons of lore, really opens things up.

I really enjoy this book. I've been looking for further - and importantly consolidated - information about the Latari culture and history. Now I have some foundation for my own imagining in my army design.

I picked this book up today and devoured chapter 1. It was sooo good! Yes, there was a lot of stuff I knew from before, but I got a new perspective on a lot of those things. For example, I knew of the Kellos church/cult, and I knew had to do with fire, but I didn't know much more about it. Now I have a much clearer idea of what that cult is about.

One thing I'm very disappointed of -- no mahkim in the history chapter! What happened?

Just a little question.

It seems that there is some differences between the Runewars Miniatures texts and those of Realms of Terrinoth (for example in RWM Daqan dies after the betrayal of Waiqar and in Realms of Terrinot he dies before the betrayal).

So which text is the good reference ? Realms of Terrinoth I guess ?

Being as it's newer, and an RPG setting, I would bet on the Realms of Terrinoth take.

1 hour ago, fbruntz said:

It seems that there is some differences between the Runewars Miniatures texts and those of Realms of Terrinoth (for example in RWM Daqan dies after the betrayal of Waiqar and in Realms of Terrinot he dies before the betrayal).

Wait, what? That's quite a major difference. Daqan fought in the First Darkness as a knight, the line of kings was extinguished in that war, and Daqan became the new king. Since Waiqar also fought against the Locusts at that time, I would imagine Daqan would have been alive for the betrayal, because he hadn't been king for very long.

The inconsistency I just noticed in the Runewars Lore Guide is that King Daqan fought Waiqar in the Second Darkness. Granted, I have no timeline for this, but I would imagine that the First and Second Darkness took place generations apart, not during one man's lifetime. Of course, World War I and World War II both took place in a lifetime (~30 years time span), so I guess it's possible. It's also possible that Daqan was much older, or was assassinated before the Night of Betrayal, which may have taken place when Timmorran and Waiqar were old men (like the battle in Orthanc in The Two Towers). I had imagined that not more than a decade or two passed between the end of the First Darkness, and Waiqar's betrayal.

Does the Realms of Terrinoth book say Daqan died before the Night of Betrayal, or before the Second Darkness? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Does it say who fought against Waiqar during the Second Darkness?

According to RoT the First Darkness ended in 487, when Timmoran finally defeated Llovar. King Daqan died in the year 513 before the Night of Betrayal in 515. The Second Darkness ended in 521, Waiqar being defeated by the Barons, helped by Kellos and the elves and dwarves. So you 28 years between the two darknesses.

2 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

According to RoT the First Darkness ended in 487, when Timmoran finally defeated Llovar. King Daqan died in the year 513 before the Night of Betrayal in 515. The Second Darkness ended in 521, Waiqar being defeated by the Barons, helped by Kellos and the elves and dwarves. So you 28 years between the two darknesses.

Thanks for the detailed response.

Wow. That short? It certainly changes my perception of the chronology. Do they give a date for "current time" or something close to it? How many years ago was the Second Darkness?

(Man, it's sounding like I'm going to have to break down and pick up this book sooner rather than later).

Well, all that was very long ago, and a lot of stuff happens afterwards. The last entry that lists a year is for 1827. :) That Waiqar fellow has been around for a while.

Edited by Uthoroc

One thing I'm very disappointed of -- no mahkim in the history chapter! What happened?

They are mentioned in the Zanaga section.