First Tourney List for Waiqar and Latari

By chaotic_vortex, in Runewars List Building

After months of debating I decided to take the plunge with some Christmas money and buy a starter box and one of each expansion for Waiqar and Latari. None of my local friends were willing to front the money, even though they are willing to play.

So there is a local tournament in about 6 weeks here in the Dallas area that one of my buddies and I would like to attend. For two new players who are still learning, what would y'all recommend we use for our lists? We would just like something solid to that we can play a couple times before going to the tourney. We aren't expecting to with

Again I have the starter and one of each of the Waiqar and Latari expansions. We are new to Runewars but very experienced with miniature games.

Awesome! I hope you have a great time at the tournament. Before Death Knights, it was pretty easy to put together a Waiqar army with a core and one of each expansion, but now you actually have options . I will give it some more thought and get back to you, but I can tell you up front that you should definitely use your 2 trays of Death Knights because they are good. I also really like Ankaur Maro with Violent Forces unique upgrade and Fortuna's Dice artifact upgrade, though some people say he's more points than he is worth.

4 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Awesome! I hope you have a great time at the tournament. Before Death Knights, it was pretty easy to put together a Waiqar army with a core and one of each expansion, but now you actually have options . I will give it some more thought and get back to you, but I can tell you up front that you should definitely use your 2 trays of Death Knights because they are good. I also really like Ankaur Maro with Violent Forces unique upgrade and Fortuna's Dice artifact upgrade, though some people say he's more points than he is worth.

I'm going to be trying out Maro like this in an upcoming league game. First time really using Maro.

Here are some okay lists that will at least give you a starting point.

For waiqar:

199/200
Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6]
Total Unit Cost: 24

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Lingering Dead [3]
Total Unit Cost: 38

Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Violent Forces [6]
Total Unit Cost: 52

Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5]
Total Unit Cost: 29

Carrion Lancers [46] 2x2
Master-Crafted Weapons [4]
Combat Ingenuity [6]
Total Unit Cost: 56
Main dmg is going to be from Maro and Lancers. Maro is fragile so the dk are acting as guards here and with the gauntlet the threat is distracting. The reanimates are not ideal on upgrades but they should still hold up well for thier points. Like I said feel free to move things around.
For elves:
200/200
Leonx Riders [18] 2x1
Moment of Inspiration [5]
Total Unit Cost: 23

Leonx Riders [18] 2x1
Moment of Inspiration [5]
Total Unit Cost: 23

Aliana of Summersong [33] 1x1
Ambush Predator [3]
Total Unit Cost: 36

Maegan Cyndewin [36] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Arcane Mastery [2]
Total Unit Cost: 44

Aymhelin Scions [14] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 14

Deepwood Archers [30] 2x2
Dispatch Runner [7]
Rallying Starling [4]
Simultaneous Orders [2]
Total Unit Cost: 43

Aymhelin Scions [14] 1x1
Vicious Roots [3]
Total Unit Cost: 17
You can switch out moi for rank disclipine (I forget what cards you'll have) and play with upgrades. You need to flank since elves are so fragile. The dispatch combo is nice, and you have lots of targets. The ideal is to somehow trigger it to ready both moi while giving one of your champions a second attack with no penalty, hard to get that setup though.
Good luck to you and your friends!