Optimal Party type for SoB

By kohlberg, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

A friend and I started up a new SoB campaign, he as heroes, myself as OL, and he chose a fast, hard-hitting group: One-Fist, Nara the Fang, Silhouette, and Runewitch Astarra. Generally the heroes' goal is to get 4+ MPs each and 6 attacks total each turn , so they can snag all the goodies while I don't have time to build up much threat or get double spawns. While this works great for the dungeons, sea encounters haven't worked out so well (for them demonio.gif ).

What group compositions do you think are best for SoB? For RtL? Obviously one of each type, but then do you pick a melee, magic, or ranged hero for the 4th?

What roles do y'all like to play your heroes in for SoB? For RtL? We don't play with a dedicated runner, but we like having a "tank" with heavy armor/shield that's melee, a "warrior" that maxes out melee damage, and both our ranger and mage to be fast, low CT, and high damage.

I'm not trying to start a discussion over which characters are best, but a more broad philosophy over party building and character types that can be applied to most random hero draws (we draw four groups of three, all at the same time, and you must pick one from each group) but, any specific illustrations with heroes are welcome. Oh, and feel free to answer just one question or all of them, this isn't the Spanish Inquisition...