Blue and white Latari elves

By Major Tom, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Does anyone know where I can find reference images for the sky blue and white capital city colour scheme mentioned in one of the articles on the Latari?

I don't think I've seen any actual Latari figures painted that way... but check for the classic Warhammer Fantasy Battles high elves - their standard color scheme was blue and white, like here .

Edited by Uthoroc

Yeah, that’s why I was interested in those colours. Before I was banned from my local GW for using actual tactics learned from historic wargaming I mained High Elves (10k points of the blasted things from 2nd Ed onwards). I always loved the way they looked on the table. I’m just not entirely sure how to interpret it on the models so I’m looking for any pics, be they painted figures or art from related games.

Sounds like there's a good story there! Mind sharing?

Sounds like you need to do some colour testing. Should be simple. Look to mine if you want a darker approach kind of light grey dark blue.

On 08/01/2018 at 6:12 PM, Joker Two said:

Sounds like there's a good story there! Mind sharing?

It’s really not that exciting. About the time of either 4th or 5th Ed’s release (I may remember the edition wrong) I decided to put together a small Empire army for a change of pace. As I had been playing Flintloque (fantasy Napolionic) and some English Civil War I bases it around Halberds and Hand Gunners with as many cannon as I could cram in (I think it was 4 in the end) and a squad of pistolers. My tactic was to sit in my deployment zone and wing cannon balls across the field counting on bounce to make them hit the opposing forces. It turned out this worked rather well as my opponents invariably did not want to march their forces into the teeth of my cannons and guns. Because of that I often won due to my opponent’s army routing from it’s deployment zone. After three or four weeks of that I was asked not to come back.

They were sore losers :D I believe this could still be countered one way or another.

Oh it was far from an unbeatable force. Friends of mine beat it ragged with armies that could flank or simply cover ground before the units took too much damage (ironically it always lost to a version of my High Elf army). The guys I was playing with outside the GW shop were familiar with the tactics the list used and ways to counter them.