New Guy

By WillisRBC, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Hey folks, I’m interested in this game. There are far too many expansions for me to be able to catch up. I saw that there is a revised core set and there was going to be a rotation for organized play. How would you all recommend getting involved?

Revised Core is the easiest way to get started. From there you can get a feel for play and also which identities (Runner and Corp) you prefer. After that the best next steps are probably the big expansions (like Honor and Profit) as they give you the most bang for buck.

I have been told that Revised Core Set+Kitara Cycle (only one pack is out so far at the date of this post) is pretty fun.

One core set can be pretty fun right out of the box. If you like it, like said above, get the big expansions and that's plenty for casual.

The Genesis and Spin cycles have been rotated and some of the cards from those cycles are now in the core set. Also see the MWL for restrictions and banned cards.

I’m new to this too. The advice I found that I’m going with is to buy one revised core, and play it a bunch to get familiar with the different factions. After a couple peak my interest, I will get a box expansion that features those factions. Right now I’m leaning towards Order and Chaos as my next. Team Covenant has some great play throughs for the Core 2.0 release which should be very helpful.