The Question of Degenerate Mind

By Excommunicatio Traitoris, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi!

I recently have a debate with one of my friends on the Major Mutation Degenerate Mind. The mutation, due to the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook gives the character the 1: Frenzy 2: Fearless 3: From Beyond trait, depending on a roll and with a minus d10 to the Intelligence attribute it also adds +10 Fellowship to the characteristics. Although we did not find anything in the errata v 3 in connection with that, my friend has a certain concern that it's a spelling mistake so we should count with -10 instead of +10. He also questions the concept or motivation of the developers if it is meant to be a +10 addition to the Fellowship.

Thanks for your answers!!!

It does sound wrong to me to give someone that's unstable a bonus to fellowship. I'm surprised that wasn't caught in the errata.

That bonus is what one of us is questioning. Errata did not help us out.

My (largely hypothetical) theory on that issue was that one with a mind so aberrated can be at the same time must be an excellent social chameleon to hide his monstrous inside. One without fears cannot really feel lot of basic emotions, like the fear of loosing somebody (temporarily or permanently) or the fear of death. Degenerate Mind is - as I see it - meant to be a hidden mutation, which should be very difficult without the gift to hide it.

But this is just a hypothesis. Still, we are curious to see other opinions or the developers' say on this question.