Ever annoy anyone else?

By Spike1382, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

That Renly is with House Baratheon? He should be with House Tyrell. I mean, he's why they were trying to claim the throne. Without him they wouldn't have had someone to place on it and probably would have stayed home or found someone else to alley with from the start, like the Lannisters.

Yeah, I think this is an alternate world where Renly's a decent person, Ned's not a dolt, and Old Nan can match Gregor blow for blow after seeing him fight

exactly... Ned stark is still alive, so its a big what if, right before the lannisters take Kings Landing.

Renly is from house Barthon. He teamed up with Highgarden for there swords to claim what is his.

So I take it, this game doesn't follow the books too closely?

LeBlanc13 said:

So I take it, this game doesn't follow the books too closely?

Well, the Storm of Swords expansion follows a little closer. It would be hard to make the game balanced, accurate and geographically correct but there are some annoying issues. Renly is obviously the one I think would be easiest to fix. Ned too, but that's fixed when you play Storm of Swords.

Ned's not a dolt, and Old Nan can match Gregor blow for blow after seeing him fight