Extra minis for first missions

By Belphegor07, in Legends of the Alliance

Im soon going to start the campaign but just finishing off the last of the painting. Being somewhat of a completist i was hoping if any one could tell me if any of the heroes and villians from other expansions turn up so i know if i should get them before playing

I know the core gives you cardboard tokens to use instead but im hoping to have all actual minis to make it look cooler

Which campaign? The core?

Will you play more than one mission in one sitting? If not, and you're the imperial player, you have until the next session to paint what's needed.

Sorry for not calrifying. Ill be playing through Legends of the Alliance missions. Wondering if any minis not included in the core turn up. I found cardboard tokens of villians and heroes expansions in the core, is that just used in the standard campaign, or do those characters appear in the LotA campaign too?

Ah, LotA. Then you better paint everything you have from core and wave 1 if you don't want to use tokens. You never know who you'll meet.

(I should've noticed that this is the LotA forum.)

Edited by a1bert

Ohhhh im excited but my wallet isn't!

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very helpful

First purchase should be Rebel Troopers...

Good advise, thank you @FSD

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, a1bert said:

Ah, LotA. Then you better paint everything you have from core and wave 1 if you don't want to use tokens. You never know who you'll meet.

(I should've noticed that this is the LotA forum.)

To expand upon this:

Depending on how often you are running the campaign, you may have some downtime between missions to paint as needed as per a1bert's initial reply. While it *is* true you never know which Imperial figures you will encounter, the Rebel figures are usually more structured. The interludes between missions will usually give you the opportunity to earn rebel allies so if you are not pushing thru the campaign all at once, you'll have time to paint up allies you may earn between missions. If that's how you are rolling, make sure you do the encounters between missions at the end of your game night so you'll be ready for the next mission (with any painted minis you may have earned) next time you meet.

During my first HOTA campaign, I earned the Rebel Sabs and Luke but the campaign only ever gave me any allies showing up in a mission as per my spoiler post.

Edited by FSD

HotA? How about FotFF? :D

Edited by a1bert

@FSD does that mean that any imperial could appear. For example, I have jabbas realm, if i put that i own it into the app could jet troppers appear in the LotA campaign?

1 hour ago, Belphegor07 said:

@FSD does that mean that any imperial could appear. For example, I have jabbas realm, if i put that i own it into the app could jet troppers appear in the LotA campaign?

Eventually, yes, but right now, no. In the first version of the app they've only got the core set/wave 1 imperials. That means that the app might deploy anything that comes in the core box or any of the villains released around the same time (Vader, Royal Guard Champion, IG-88, General Weiss).

They have stated that they are going to include the expansion figures in further updates to the app, but you've presumably got a fair bit of time to paint before that happens :)

3 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Eventually, yes, but right now, no. In the first version of the app they've only got the core set/wave 1 imperials. That means that the app might deploy anything that comes in the core box or any of the villains released around the same time (Vader, Royal Guard Champion, IG-88, General Weiss).

They have stated that they are going to include the expansion figures in further updates to the app, but you've presumably got a fair bit of time to paint before that happens :)

Brillient, thank you for the information