Bigger, Badder, and Better >> A Preview of the GM Toolkit Nemesis Rules

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

While we were working on The Gathering Storm adventure campaign for WFRP, the team was reminded of the importance and narrative impact that simply giving a non player character a name can make. This is especially true for villains and bad guys. A corrupt politician or fearsome orc is one thing. But facing Reiner von Steinkampf or Korghael Skullcleaver is another matter entirely.

I think we designed some memorable, varied, and interesting characters in The Gathering Storm. But it’s not just the name that makes the character memorable. We also developed what would become the foundation for our nemesis rules for major non player characters. These rules were expanded and became an integral part of the Game Master's Toolkit .

This designer diary discusses nemesis NPCs and organisation in more detail.

Very nice. Blood for the Blood God indeed. B-)

This looks to be very interesting, I must admit that this is growing on me like a bad fungal infection.

Very interesting. Can it get here faster? ;)

I'll be interested to see how the Agenda rules work as far as a shadowy group completing one. Blood for the Blood God is cool, but how does something like a crusade of death and destruction 'complete' its Agenda? Ending a world in blood seems a pretty hefty goal. Guess the sample given might not have been the best for us to theoryhammer how the rules for it function.

Man, can't wait to see more.

cant wait for this!!!!