Elven battlecats

By rudedog, in Runewars Rules Questions

So if the enemy is 5 (movement range) away, can the Latari cav. still make a charge because they get a +1 on their modifier (right) side of their dial?

Thanks,

Since there is no 5 movement template, a charge 5 will be automatically be reduced to a charge 4 (use the next lower, available movement template). So the answer is "no", they won't reach the enemy at distance 5.

Yeah the only thing charging more than distance four is... Berserkers and Flesh Rippers?

they do it by having multiple movements in a turn

I have always played by using the four movement template first then one template as if it was a part of one continius movement? Thus the lenox in my mind was able too move and charge at a distance if five.

24 minutes ago, Datskor said:

I have always played by using the four movement template first then one template as if it was a part of one continius movement? Thus the lenox in my mind was able too move and charge at a distance if five.

Unfortunately this is not correct. Only one template is ever used for a single move unless something explicitly tells you to do something else.

I think it's unfortunate, although i see that it's quite clear in the rules.

13 hours ago, Datskor said:

when you play the waiqar, having your opponents at most move 4 its a blessing haha.

3 hours ago, TheWiseGuy said:

when you play the waiqar, having your opponents at most move 4 its a blessing haha.

I can see that :-)

On 1/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, Datskor said:

It's needed for balancing issues. My Latari could flank everyone if I was able to exceed the design limits. Speed 4 turn-charges.... muwahahahaha! Ah, the power...

<_<

... it would feel nice.