Does a natural wonder token count as a resource token?

By mazz0, in Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn

We had a point where for some reason (can’t remember what it was, a focus card, diplomacy card or wonder) a player was allowed to take a resource token from the supply of a type they didn’t already have. So the question is, if they had a Natural Wonder token that had diamonds on it, could they take a diamond resource token?

This is a great question! I think the wording is important in this case. The card that you are talking about is the Replaceable Parts focus card. It says on the card that you get a resource that you don't already have. Not a resource token but a resource. Since having a natural wonder token counts as having a resource of that type I would say that you can't use Replaceable parts to get another resource of the same type. This is just how I would rule it, we could use an official FAQ.

12 hours ago, Chaos985 said:

This is a great question! I think the wording is important in this case. The card that you are talking about is the Replaceable Parts focus card. It says on the card that you get a resource that you don't already have. Not a resource token but a resource. Since having a natural wonder token counts as having a resource of that type I would say that you can't use Replaceable parts to get another resource of the same type. This is just how I would rule it, we could use an official FAQ.

Hmm, that’s a good point. My initial reaction was, tentatively, that they could use it because a natural wonder isn’t a resource, it can be used instead of one, but I think I’m coming round to your way of thinking on the matter.