New to the Game

By Gym Kirk, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I’ve been on the fence with this game for some time. The theme doesn’t interest me a whole lot. After watching some things from Team Covenant and hearing their commentary, I’m really excited about this game. This game has a lot going for it, including a mind numbing amount of cards. I’m not looking to play competitively, but I would appreciate some suggestions on what to get beyond the core 2.0. L5R requires more than one core set. Should I pick up a second core or go with something else? Or will the base game keep me going for a long time?

One revised core is fine for out of the box play. There’s not so much of the mile-wide inch-deep that you get out of the AGOT and L5R’s array of single cards (though there’s no shortage of those.) In Netrunner there will be cards in your deck that you *need* to see during the game and so it just can’t be a string of warm bodies in whatever order they’re drawn, like the aforementioned games. So the NR Core Set has some cards at 3x and 2x.

The game scales well if you were to purchase additional cards after that, at a pace you’re comfortable with.