Important question for painters: What vault is your deweller from?

By DarwinsDog, in Fallout

I'm personally leaning towards 13 to give a nod to the original game. I won't say it's my favorite since it's really hard to compare the original games with the new ones, but it is the one that got me into the franchise. What vault are you using and why?

Debating between 13 and 21. Fallout 3 was my first foray into the series, but between that and New Vegas I was hooked on post-apocalypse settings for good. New Vegas was one I enjoyed a heck of a lot more for sure, but the Vault 21 jumpsuit you get there isn't as iconic as 13 or 101. Flip side is I never played Fallout 1 to completion. I'll probably wind up going with 13, though, just because it's more recognizable and pays better homage to the series as a whole.

Edited by DoctorHam

I ended up going with my favorite number, 16. (Just posted photos in another thread .) I don't think that vault's been referenced in any of the games but I figured that's fine. It's more of an easter egg than anything since the mini's back is mostly covered by his armor.

If I get around to painting my vault dweller, he will definitely be from Vault 13. Fallout 1 was my first foray into the series and it was the game that built my love of the fallout universe.

Vault 13 for me also. Fallout 1 was eye opening for me when it came out. Influential you could say.