tournament morale decks

By Budgernaut, in Runewars Rules Questions

I know each player brings their own morale deck, but it's not clear to me whether you draw from your deck when your units suffer morale tests or when your opponent's units suffer morale tests. I searched the FAQ and tournsment rules but couldn't find it, so if someone could point me to where that rule is located, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 items:

1) it doesn't matter as long as you are consistent.

2) we like to draw from our own deck. Why? Don't need to handle and potentially accidentally take your opponents cards (we call it the Dodonna affect, in Armada).

I've been curious about this as well, as originally they said you only use one deck, but in tournaments it seems each player uses one.

It matters for Cacaphony Reaver, which is why I'm asking. If my top morale card is revealed, am I going to suffer that effect or does my opponent?

Each player brings his own personal deck per the tournament rules. When you force a unit to suffer a morale test, you draw from your deck.

Honestly, unless you only have one deck between both players, you should always be using your own because of cards like Cacophony Reaver.

5 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Each player brings his own personal deck per the tournament rules. When you force a unit to suffer a morale test, you draw from your deck.

i thought that it works like a damage deck in x wing and armada. When your unit is forced to make a morale you draw morale cards form your deck because it affects your unit.

5 minutes ago, Warlordus said:

i thought that it works like a damage deck in x wing and armada. When your unit is forced to make a morale you draw morale cards form your deck because it affects your unit.

Nope. The rules say the opponent draws. You draw from your own deck. That's part of the benefit of Cacophony Reaver; you know what the first card is before you draw.

"53.1 When a unit suffers a morale test, that unit’s opponent draws a number of cards from the morale deck..." - Rules Reference, page 14

"7. Each player shuffles their morale deck thoroughly and presents it to their opponent. The opponent may shuffle and cut the deck if desired. Players cannot share a morale deck, and each morale deck has its own discard pile." - Tournament doc under game set-up, bottom of page 8.

When I inflict a Morale test on my opponent's units, I draw cards from my deck.

So with Cacaphony Reaver, you get some extra lethal, but your opponent knows what that first draw against them will be. It may help inform the decision to spend an inspiration token, or even a full rally action to clear panic tokens.

@Govrek I can get behind that. I still think it needs to be more explicit, but I'll assume that's the proper way to play for now.