1st Play completed!!

By hengst2404, in Cosmic Encounter

So I was finally able to get this game to the table, which since I own it and all expansions, is a good thing. I was the Sorcerer and I played a 3 player game. First, while playable with 3, we all quickly realized how much better it would be with 4-6 other players. Negotiation in a 3 player game is a little more flat. I ended up winning solo as one of the other players prevented my ally from getting in the win with me. I look forward to playing this again. Any advice as far as things to include? Tech or Space stations?

The optional rules we have played with are tech, space stations, the rewards deck, and the alliance dials. We do not play with tech or space stations any more, because we did not think they add to the game.

Reward deck(s) should quickly be your must-play variant from now on.

I agree with The Warp about the reward deck.

As a follow-up, I was able to get the game back to the table last night at the 5 player count. The game really opened up and we all had a blast. I had the Virus and would have won with my second encounter, except my opponent played negotiate at the first encounter and took my last attack card. As soon as she did that, I saw my sole win evaporate. Then again, given the number of zaps in circulation, I would have had to likely do some type of joint win to stop them from zapping my power.