Action window in challenges phase before 1st player makes a challenge?

By SergSel, in Rules Questions

Hello,

I'm new to the game. Is there an action window in challenges phase before 1st player makes a challenge?

In rules reference book on p.25 there is a diagram of challenges phase. On the diagram there is a red-box action window and 2 grey windows. I understand that the two grey windows represent options within this action window and there is no additional window before the 1st player can make challenges (also on p.27:

4. Challenges phase 4.1 Challenges phase begins This step formalizes the beginning of the challenges phase. 4.2 Active player may initiate a challenge The first player is the first to be the active player in the challenges phase. The game permits the active player to initiate one ?, one ?, and one ? challenge (in any order) while he or she is the active player during the challenges phase.).

Practical example. I had a dispute with a player, who wanted to make an action with Nymeria Sand with keyword Challenges Action. The other player said, she could activate the ability before any challenge is made from 1st player (me). Is it so or is she wrong?

BR

Sergey

screenshot.PNG

Yes, there is an action window before actual challenges begin. Nymeria Sand can do her thing at that point because it is the Challenge Phase.