Quick question about One Fist

By kohlberg, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Does his hook attack gain melee power dice, or is it just the red and the green? Obviously he can't spend surges with the hook, but the 50% chance of damage isn't bad.

kohlberg said:

Does his hook attack gain melee power dice, or is it just the red and the green? Obviously he can't spend surges with the hook, but the 50% chance of damage isn't bad.

Its defined as a Melee attack, so he gets his melee trait power dice.

That's what we thought, thanks for the clarification!

To clarify further he can spend the surges if he has an "Other" item that can use them. The only one I can think of is the one that gives you one fatigue for 2 surges but there may be more.

It's funny how many times you can guess the question by the thread subject...

Alternately, it's depressing how often you can't guess the question from the thread subject. What is the subject supposed to do, if not indicate the contents?

In this case, I couldn't guess, because I believe there are at least three different questions about One Fist's ability that I've seen asked multiple times on forums. The others being "can he claim an off-hand bonus on the hook attack?" (common consensus: no) and variations of "when exactly is he entitled to a hook attack?" (commmon consensus: once during each of his turns, no matter what).

I knew what this question was because I posted the exact same question a year ago when I was learning this AWESOME game! happy.gif

Also of note, it says in the rules that you make an Unarmed Attack if you weild no weapon. This is just a red die = MELEE attack, therefore you do get your power dice in Melee even with your bare hand.