Multiple Villain or Ally packs needed for app?

By GrantAZ, in Legends of the Alliance

Would it be beneficial to have multiple copies of certain Villain or Ally packs for when you have a group of regulars AND elite or is that not needed with the app and 1 copy of each pack will work? Examples of possible extra figures needed would be extra Jawas, Stormtroopers, Hired Guns, Rebel Troopers, Rebel Saboteurs, Alliance Smugglers, Echo Base Troopers, Alliance Rangers, etc..

7 hours ago, GrantAZ said:

Would it be beneficial to have multiple copies of certain Villain or Ally packs for when you have a group of regulars AND elite or is that not needed with the app and 1 copy of each pack will work? Examples of possible extra figures needed would be extra Jawas, Stormtroopers, Hired Guns, Rebel Troopers, Rebel Saboteurs, Alliance Smugglers, Echo Base Troopers, Alliance Rangers, etc..

I do not believe so. With Allies, they get upgraded from regular to elite if they survive a mission so there's likely not any reason to have 2 of them.

There is not any way to currently tell the app that you have multiple copies of the villain packs so it does not appear it will allow for regular and elite versions of those showing up on the board at the same time.

5 hours ago, FSD said:

I do not believe so. With Allies, they get upgraded from regular to elite if they survive a mission so there's likely not any reason to have 2 of them.

There is not any way to currently tell the app that you have multiple copies of the villain packs so it does not appear it will allow for regular and elite versions of those showing up on the board at the same time.

I'm not sure how many Stormtroopers come in the core set, but if you buy the Stormtrooper villain pack (once they are incorporated), the app will be able to throw two stormtrooper groups at you at a time.

1 hour ago, rowdyoctopus said:

I'm not sure how many Stormtroopers come in the core set, but if you buy the Stormtrooper villain pack (once they are incorporated), the app will be able to throw two stormtrooper groups at you at a time.

The core comes with 3 groups (two regular and one elite).

Interestingly, there is no component limitation rule in the LOTA rule book so we may actually see 4 groups out in a campaign.

Agree with the above. The app only asks what expansions you have, not how many. This is the same as the Mansions of Madness app. There are cases where different expansions give you more of a particular card, I don't remember off hand if different expansions have the "same" minis.

10 hours ago, FSD said:

Interestingly, there is no component limitation rule in the LOTA rule book so we may actually see 4 groups out in a campaign.

Because there doesn't need to be. The campaigns themselfs will have these rules written in their configuration.

I fully expect the app campaign to adhere to the same standards as the box releases until now.

oh god, there are 4 emperors running around, flee for you lives!