Rest action

By gran_orco, in Legends of the Alliance

If you perform a rest action, should you regain strain and use a medpac? Or only one of the two?

you get both.

In the app the Rest action recovers all strain. When you rest, you can in addition use/discard a medpac to recover 5 damage, or discard Emergency Medpac to recover 5 damage, or both. You could also discard an Emergency Medpac to allow an adjacent friendly figure to recover 5 damage.

Thank you!

I thought there was no rest action in the app?

19 minutes ago, urloony said:

I thought there was no rest action in the app?

How else would you recover strain if you don't have anything to attack? When recovering strain a hero just doesn't recover damage for each strain the hero cannot recover.

Thus, when playing with the app the Rest action recovers all strain. In addition you can use a Medpac from the App to recover damage, and/or discard Emergency Medpac supply card to recover or let an adjacent friendly figure to recover 5 damage.

15 hours ago, a1bert said:

How else would you recover strain if you don't have anything to attack? When recovering strain a hero just doesn't recover damage for each strain the hero cannot recover.

Thus, when playing with the app the Rest action recovers all strain. In addition you can use a Medpac from the App to recover damage, and/or discard Emergency Medpac supply card to recover or let an adjacent friendly figure to recover 5 damage.

Yeah, I went back to review the rules. We had been using med packs to recover strain and then health. We never played campaign mode before the app so all the rules are kinda new.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, a1bert said:

In the app the Rest action recovers all strain. When you rest, you can in addition use/discard a medpac to recover 5 damage, or discard Emergency Medpac to recover 5 damage, or both. You could also discard an Emergency Medpac to allow an adjacent friendly figure to recover 5 damage.

Can I use two (normal) medpacs at the same time (i.e. after one rest action). I am playing with two heros and sometimes have 15 damage or more. I played it that when I rest I can only use one medpac (and an additional emergency medpac if available). This is as close as possible to the normal campaign rules where I can recover 4-5 strain/damage per rest.

Is that the way everybody else is playing? Otherwise I could recover let's say 15 damage in one go. Sounds odd.

The LotA rulebook wording is "A hero can use a medpac when it performs a rest action, " which implies one per rest.

I have also used a limit of one Medpac per rest while playing.

4 hours ago, a1bert said:

The LotA rulebook wording is "A hero can use a medpac when it performs a rest action, " which implies one per rest.

I have also used a limit of one Medpac per rest while playing.

I disagree. Do whatever you want, but "A hero can use ONE medpac when it performs a rest action," implies one per rest. Also the sentence doesn't work if you remove the word a "A hero can use medpac when it performs a rest action,". Also there is no limit on using the supply card emergency medpac either, you can pop two or more medical items during a single action.

Sure you can spend more than one Emergency Medpac's like before. The rules for the supply cards have not been changed. You can even spend one to recover your own damage and another to recover damage from an adjacent friendly figure.

"a" is singular, but in any case you can choose to play differently.

(Btw, the last I have heard from the developers is that the intent is to have a limit of one Medpac per rest. IMHO it matches the wording.)

Edited by a1bert
On 1/15/2018 at 6:27 AM, mtagge said:

I disagree. Do whatever you want, but "A hero can use ONE medpac when it performs a rest action," implies one per rest. Also the sentence doesn't work if you remove the word a "A hero can use medpac when it performs a rest action,". Also there is no limit on using the supply card emergency medpac either, you can pop two or more medical items during a single action.

The word a is singular. Use a medpac is the same as use one medpac. If they intended to allow multiple medpacs used per rest, it would have said use any number of medpacs instead of a medpac.