Raid

By castertroyt, in Battle for Rokugan

Sinceraid resolves first, it is possible to raid an opponent’s capital if it is adjacent to your province or with shinobi and there’s nothing you could do to stop it?

I see no reason why you couldn’t. I feel like it would be pretty hard though. Let us know if you actually succeed!

Edited by TheSpitfired
Spelling

In my first game the Crab Clan almost scorched (Raid) their own capital after they lost control of it to the Unicorn. Luckily the Dragon used their shugenja to stop the Raid because they wanted control of it. A sneaky raid tactic if you really need to pull it off: Play a Blessing on a Raid token. It makes it untargetable to opponent effects.

Ah... so a shug can cancel it... thx. Was just reading the rules, haven’t check the cards yet

Yes, but you only get one shugenja card per game so it's not something you want to use lightly. It's really important to decisively use your territory cards as well. They exchange ownership each turn so we used our territory cards at first opportunity if for no other reason than to ensure they couldn't be used against us in later turns.