Charlie Kane Predictions?

By oragif, in Mansions of Madness

So with the Sanctum of Twilight post from FFG on December 6th we learned about two new characters joining the investigation; Lily Chen and Charlie Kane. We got to see the full stat block and character ability of Lily Chen in the announcement article (an investigator I am incredibly excited about), but know very little about our future politician.

What we know so far is that Charlie has [5] Health as well as [3] Strength. That is all.

I think Charlie is going to be a support character through and through. His limited Health stat reinforces that his true strength will most likely be puzzle solving and interaction with other characters.

I hypothesize that Charlie will absolutely have [9] Sanity and [5] Influence due to the 14 point balance of health/sanity and his character background of being a charismatic figurehead.

I am most curious about what his ability will be.

My rough guess is as follows, "Action: You and another investigator in your space may gain a clue. Activate this ability only once per round."

This ability would support Charlie's "Career Politician" background but also limit his ability's range compared to Harvey Walters's [3] space range of his clue-giving ability.

What do you guys think Charlie will be?

I think his profile will be something like this.

Str 3

Agi 2

Obs 4

Lore 3

Inf 5

Will 4

His ability in Eldritch Horror is basically the same as what Carson Sinclair has in MoM2ed (" Another investigator within range may perform 1 action.").

Would be a bit boring for him to have the same ability. They could instead push his charisma to the max. Like "Once per round, an investigator within range may reroll any number of dice then testing against Influence. After the reroll, the investigator becomes Focused."

But he would then be pretty bad in scenarios where you don't take many influence tests. On the other hand Akachi Onyele also has an ability that only does anything on some really rare occasions sooo...

I'm hoping to be wrong, but my gut says he's going to be a 'meh' character like Akachi. We've had a run of very effective new characters, so I'm not sure why I think that will end with Charlie, but I do.