Any game creators / staff here?

By FalloutBallout, in Fallout

1. I was just wondering if there are any actual staff from the creators of the game here who answer questions on the game that we have, or if these questions are just being posed to other players?

2. Is this the official location of game clarifications, and is there a built list of all approved rulings?

FFG almost never responds in their own forums. If you have a question, you need to email FFG about the issue and they will respond....eventually.

After a considerable amount of time, they typically post a FAQ/Errata to the game's main page with answers to any issues with the game.

The individuals answering questions here are just players, but FFG has a pretty loyal following of people who do a pretty good job of rules lawyering. So while you can and should email FFG about the issue, feel free to ask the question here and get a consensus from fellow players while you wait for the response.

On 20/12/2017 at 9:23 AM, kmanweiss said:

If you have a question, you need to email FFG about the issue and they will respond....eventually.

Eventually seems right. 2 weeks since I sent them a question, and nothing as yet.

What is your experience in this regard? Should I be giving up on hearing back?

My experience is that they take up towards three or four weeks. Maybe even five or six. I kinda get a feeling that they might save up a bunch of questions about the same thing and decide on a ruling when enough people have asked the same question. Either that or they just have a LOT to do.

13 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

My experience is that they take up towards three or four weeks. Maybe even five or six. I kinda get a feeling that they might save up a bunch of questions about the same thing and decide on a ruling when enough people have asked the same question. Either that or they just have a LOT to do.

if they replied a bit more on their forums it might save them keep getting emails about the same issues

On 26/01/2018 at 10:08 PM, Fnoffen said:

Okay, thanks. I'll be sure to post any official response I get...to save others some time later.

Yeah there does need to be a little less gating with staff, Fancymancer is good but I’ve not really seen any other designers do what he does. If they did, there would be a lot less misinformation and resentment in general.