Showcase: Raider-class Corvette

By Bullox, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Edit - Added stock photo.

imperial-decimator-1200px.gif

Mostly stock with Imperial Blue accents. I did have to lighten up the base color of the solar panels since the blue veins weren't showing up on the darker stock panels.

NVxFi6m.jpg

S5xW7Zk.jpg

Edited by Bullox

Mine's not finished but will have an Inferno Sqd insignia on it.

I just bought a second Raider today (20% off, too!). Beautiful ship. I'm going to paint 3 TIEs with Inferno Squad stripes to go with it.

Newest addition to my Imperial strike force.

NJJZXBi.jpg

3X74sHm.jpg

3 hours ago, Bullox said:

Newest addition to my Imperial strike force.

NJJZXBi.jpg

3X74sHm.jpg

Looks epic! ;)

Group photo of my Imperial strike force.

ZAEPdeK.jpg

Soooooo, I might FO-ed a Raider...

uZem4Aa.jpg

MHVZqrT.jpg sYQH8Xj.jpg

That FO Raider looks great. I may need to do that... I did find a cheap second one in the great 2.0 exodus.

12 hours ago, Tervlon said:

That FO Raider looks great. I may need to do that... I did find a cheap second one in the great 2.0 exodus.

Got it for 20€ on a 75% off sales at https://www.philibertnet.com Cards are in French, but they are also 1.0, so....

one of these flanked by a pair of Decimators would look good toghether...then again thats the point i'm sure lol

ISS Rakehell, with the members of Hellion Squad

Cfx42t7.jpg

WhK5XDU.jpg

FO Raider.

dVuU1r3.jpg

I finished up an LED mod a bit ago. I ended up using an Adafruit Feather M0 with some CircuitPython for engine effects.

Final%20Circuits.jpg?psid=1&width=1206&h

Complete.gif?download&psid=1

The above should be an embedded animated gif, but I don't know if it's working. Link

Pics, code, and video of the effects here: OneDrive folder

Not sure how to embed video.

Edit: Fixed links and added a direct link to the animated gif.

Edited by Hunting Phoenix
Fix link

First Order Raider (WIP)

MjUN3tN.jpg

Finished work:

D2hsJTB.jpg

F1WnoPw.jpg

6gTETxT.jpg

How I did it (inspired by @Sorastro Death Trooper guide):

1. Primed black
  2. Panels: solar arrays in Dead White, braces in Dark Sea Blue, dry brush a few details with a mix of Dark Sea Blue and Dead White
  3. Surface: Edges highlighted in Dark Sea Blue, details in Gunmetal, wash with Nuln Oil, dry brush with a mix of Dark Sea Blue and Dead White
  4. Bridge: Bloody Red, structure in Dark Sea Blue, washed with Orange Fluorescent
  5. Turrets: sides in Gunmetal, tip with white dot as undercoat for flourescent green (mixed from blue and yellow)
  6. Sprayed the whole model with Matt Varnish, applied some Gloss Varnish to bridge and engines

I hate these solar arrays, I don't have the patience to paint them uniform and with clear edges...

Edited by Singulativ
Deleted broken link and inserted pictures directly

Seems someone beat me to a First Order repaint. . .

bNsqfHh.jpg

Edited by Darth Meanie