Flesh Rippers and terrain

By Tvayumat, in Runewars Tactics

So this is something I haven't seen brought up but, it's worth noting...

Flesh Rippers, like other units, still end their activation when entering terrain, so they cannot enter and then exit in the same turn, however...

Flesh Rippers CAN use their mandatory march to exit terrain before executing any of the actions on their dial. On a round with four red runes, this turns them into something like a ballistic missile, popping out facing any direction they want and then charging up to range 4.

54 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Flesh Rippers, like other units, still end their activation when entering terrain

I totally forgot about this rule. I owe @TheWiseGuy an apology for our last game. I have been promoting a tactic that does not actually work. Sorry!

2 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I totally forgot about this rule. I owe @TheWiseGuy an apology for our last game. I have been promoting a tactic that does not actually work. Sorry!

I fell for it, at first, too.

Then I realized that, even with the dial unrevealed, their activation is still happening by the time they move.

I realized this too ;). Oops.

So a question... why can't they use their 1 move to enter and their dialed move to exit? and theoretically their modified move to exit, as it is a separate move not a modifier. My asking is I'm assuming there is a rule that says something like you can't do it in the same turn or something.

I killed something with Ravos and used his skill action (Warsprinter) to move into terrain after killing it, that was pretty cool. I'm assuming that's okay.

4 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

So a question... why can't they use their 1 move to enter and their dialed move to exit? and theoretically their modified move to exit, as it is a separate move not a modifier. My asking is I'm assuming there is a rule that says something like you can't do it in the same turn or something.

I killed something with Ravos and used his skill action (Warsprinter) to move into terrain after killing it, that was pretty cool. I'm assuming that's okay.

81.2 To enter a piece of a terrain, the unit is removed from its current position on the play area and placed on that piece of terrain. That unit is now occupying that terrain. • If the unit cannot be placed on the terrain or would not fit entirely inside the physical piece of terrain, the unit is placed off of the play area and a single figure is removed from the unit and placed on the terrain to mark that the unit is occupying it. • After the unit resolves all effects of entering the terrain, its activation immediately ends. If it had a bonus action or other game effects to perform, these are canceled.

Edited by Aetheriac
Just now, Aetheriac said:

81.2 To enter a piece of a terrain, the unit is removed from its current position on the play area and placed on that piece of terrain. That unit is now occupying that terrain. • If the unit cannot be placed on the terrain or would not fit entirely inside the physical piece of terrain, the unit is placed off of the play area and a single figure is removed from the unit and placed on the terrain to mark that the unit is occupying it. • After the unit resolves all effects of entering the terrain, its activation immediately ends. If it had a bonus action or other game effects to perform, these are canceled.

I figured there was a rule for it. I just didn't have it in front of me, and I'm on a work computer so I'm limited one where I can go/what I can look at. Luckily for me (unfortunately for my work) this site is allowed. The PDFs are not though.