Complexity level sweet spot?

By FF Fan, in Battles of Westeros

I'm glad that BoW is using a different rules system than the Command & Colors games. While I like the C&C games well enough, they always leaving me wanting somewhat more.

On the other hand, the Battles of Napoleon game, which has more game play information on its description page and of course its downloadable rules is beyond where I'm hoping that BoW is going. The BoN rules are seem too lengthy to teach and play in a club environment.

So will this be about as approachable as C&C but with more depth/detail to put it over the top? In other words, more but not a whole lot more?

Waiting to see. Especially waiting for the rules to be posted...

The mechanics so far seem slightly more complex than Battlelore, but not by much. Mostly adding a couple of additional tactical options.

Seems to be about what you're looking for.

FF Fan said:

So will this be about as approachable as C&C but with more depth/detail to put it over the top? In other words, more but not a whole lot more?

As far as I read the first impressions, they made really good chances to make the battles more deeper and realistic.

I like BL and played C&C:Ancients a lot of times.

C&C:A is the peak in the Borg's system, whose purpose is to limit the games duration and complexity, so that players should have fun!

But meanwhile when you are getting to play it quite often, you began to build your houserules, which makes it more realistic!

I believe, FFG had listened to the customers critics and try build a medium-card driven-wargame with campaign backgorund, which BL never had.

BR

Pom