Shiny happy people

By TylerTT, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

I’m experimenting with the new moltow liquid chrome paint. So far I’m very happy with the results

UMA9VQm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The front image doesn’t really capture the chrome hHOxG1a_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

this is is as close to real chrome plating as I have ever seen in something that comes out of an air brush.

I will share more soon.

Very cool!

Wow. That looks amazing.

some more droids

8BAfbzI.jpg

the raw liquid chrome only comes in one color as shown on the left. to get different looks you need to airbrush transparent inks onto of it. I used badger minitair ghost tints on these.

the base coat of chrome takes about a week to cure so don't try to airbrush ink on top of it before then.

also I needed to buy an extra mosture filter for my airbrush to make the chrome effect work %100. any impurity in the chrome paint will render it dull.

That's impressive!

wow! Can you link to where I can purchase this Molotow Chrome for my Airbrush? I see only the spray cans online. Do you think using brush on washes, such as Army Painter or Vallejo washes would work to color them, or do I need airbrush badger minitair ghost tints like you used ?

Really looks impressive!

its actually paint from their marker pens. while it works very good from the pen getting the tight coverage for miniatures is best with a airbrush. the paint refills are the best source for the stuff. it's expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Molotow-Liquid-Chrome-Marker-699-080/dp/B01MR2KER3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513228184&sr=8-4&keywords=molotow+liquid+chrome

I painted ink onto the chrome before with a bristle brush and the color coverage was very inconsistent and bad, I think it would be fine for doing rust or other effects but would not look right as a solid tone .

airbrushes are very cheap these days I highly recommend adding one to your tool kit.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, TylerTT said:

some more droids

8BAfbzI.jpg

the raw liquid chrome only comes in one color as shown on the left. to get different looks you need to airbrush transparent inks onto of it. I used badger minitair ghost tints on these.

the base coat of chrome takes about a week to cure so don't try to airbrush ink on top of it before then.

also I needed to buy an extra mosture filter for my airbrush to make the chrome effect work %100. any impurity in the chrome paint will render it dull.

For the leftmost figure, it seems too bright IMO so maybe a quick shade to darken it down a bit. I don’t paint so don’t listen to me if you think I’m wrong and its your mini so you know

Edited by Jabby

Yep I included it to show what the paint looks like out of the bottle. It will be toned purple eventually. A dip is an interesting idea though. Perhaps that would be a safe and effective means of toneing the chrome instead of airbrushing. Personally I’m a bit wary of putting bristles against it due to how delicate the finish is before sealing with an airbrush ink.

Edited by TylerTT