Kari Elves and Daqan upgrades

By syrath, in Runewars Rules Questions

Ive heard it mentioned ib the forums that with out of faction units you are stuck with neutral upgrades , ie if the upgrade has a Daqan symbol on it then you cannot equip it to a non Daqan unit. This makes sense to me but I cannot find the rule that applies this.

first rules reference mention of upgrades

Upgrade cards are equipped to units in an army.

However, some upgrade cards have a unit type or faction icon, denoting that these cards can only be equipped to a unit of the matching type in an army of the matching faction .Each upgrade card costs the num ber of points shown on the lower-right corner of its card. The costing table on the back of each unit card has an “Available Upgrades” column that includes icons that match those found on upgrade cards. Each tray configuration has its own “Available Upgrades” entry, which indicates the type of upgrades that a unit with that tray configuration can equip. For each icon shown in an entry, a unit with the corresponding configuration can equip one upgrade card that has a matching icon.

This bold part seems to suggest that this is correct.

Now upon looking at rule 88 which goes into more detail

Now we have a much clearer distinction within the rules reference itself. Type (seige/cavalry/infantry) icons are limited to units of that type however faction icons are not limited to units of that faction but to armies of that faction, so if Im reading this correctly, a Daqan only upgrade can be applied to any unit that has that upgrade type as long as it is in a Daqan army not that it has to be a Daqan unit. So a 2*2 Deepwood Archer unit could have a Rallying Cornicen musician and a Lance Corporal champion. Is this correct or has there been an erata to rule 88 straightening tia up

88.6 Upgrade cards that have a unit-type icon can only be equipped to a unit matching that type.

88.7 Upgrade cards that have a faction icon can only be equipped in armies of that faction.

Edited by syrath

This was FAQd, it is neutral only.

Many thanks found it now. Now I feel a bit of a fool having spent the money on 3 units of Deepwood Archers and now on Heavy Crossbowmen wheb I only needed the latter. Which allows me the capability of ditching Kari as much as I like her, I can use those 40 pts elsewhere aometimes.